Substitutes for CIMIVIR TABLET
SOFAB 400MG TABLET
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
HEPCINAT 400MG TABLET
Natco Pharma Ltd
ZOSOVIR 400MG TABLET
Zuventus Healthcare Ltd
SOVALDI 400MG TABLET
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
RESOF 400MG TABLET
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Medicine Overview of CIMIVIR TABLET
Uses of CIMIVIR TABLET
Cimivir 400mg tablet is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis c virus (hcv) infection.
Side effects of CIMIVIR TABLET
Fatigue, Nausea, Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Anemia.
How to use CIMIVIR TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Cimivir 400mg tablet with food.
How CIMIVIR TABLET works
Cimivir 400mg tablet works by lowering a load of hepatitis C virus in the body and removing the virus from the blood over a period of time.
In Depth Information on CIMIVIR TABLET
Expert advice for CIMIVIR TABLET
- This drug should be used only in combination with Ribavirin or with Pegylated interferon and Ribavirin.
- Treatment with sofosbuvir is not recommended in patients with severe kidney or liver problems or depression.
- Do consult your doctor if you are taking amiodarone (used for serious irregular heartbeats). The risk of slow heartbeat may be increased when taken along with Sofosbuvir.
- Take extreme care to avoid pregnancy in female patients or female partners of male patients who are on treatment with sofosbuvir.
- Take necessary precautions as sofosbuvir does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through sexual contact, sharing needles, or contact with blood.
Special precautions for CIMIVIR 400MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Cimivir 400mg tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Sofosbuvir, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for CIMIVIR 400MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Sofosbuvir
Q. How does Sofosbuvir work?
Sofosbuvirstops viral replication and thus decreases the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body thereby resulting in less liver damage and improved liver function
Q. Is Sofosbuvir a protease inhibitor?
No. Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide polymerase inhibitor
Q. Does Sofosbuvir cure Hepatitis C?
Sofosbuvir is used to treat Hepatitis C virus infection. The treatment response with Sofosbuvir (in conjunction with other drugs) varies based on baseline host and viral factors.
User Submitted Feedback For CIMIVIR 400MG TABLET
Patients taking CIMIVIR 400MG TABLET
Once A Day