food interaction for CILACAR C
alcohol interaction for CILACAR C
pregnancy interaction for CILACAR C
lactation interaction for CILACAR C
SALT INFORMATION for CILACAR C
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CILACAR C 10 MG/12.5 MG TABLET
Patients taking CILACAR C 10 MG/12.5 MG TABLET
- 89%Once A Day
- 11%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for CILACAR C
- NEXOVAS CH 10 MG/12.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.40/tabletRs. 84pay 7% more per tablet
- CETANIL CT 10 MG/12.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.38/tabletRs. 103.85pay 33% more per tablet
- CTD C 10MG/12.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 8.90/tabletRs. 89pay 14% more per tablet
- CILEDGE CT 12.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.06/tabletRs. 80.62pay 3% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for CILACAR C
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Cilnidipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Cilnidipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Cilnidipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Cilnidipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions for CILACAR C
Q.Is cilnidipine US FDA approved?
It is not approved by FDA for the treatment of hypertension
Q.What are the uses of cilnidipine/Cilacar?
Cilnidipine/Cilacar is used for the treatment of hypertension
Q.Is cilnidipine is a novel dihydropyridine?
Yes, cilnidipine belong to the class of selective dihydropyridine derivative calcium-channel blockers.
Q.What is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5?
Chlorthalidone belongs to class of medications called thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 a generic drug?
Yes, chlorthalidone is the generic name and hydrazine 12.5 is brand name
Q.Is chlorthalidone an ace inhibitor/potassium sparing diuretic/sulfa drug/benzodiazepine/a blood thinner?
No, chlorthalidone belongs to class of medication called as thiazide diuretics
Q.Is chlorthalidone a water pill?
Yes, it is a diuretic and also called as ‘water pill'
Q.Is chlorthalidone better than hydrochlorothiazide?
Chlorthalidone and hydrochlorothiazide belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Can I take chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 with ibuprofen/Excedrin/Tylenol?
There is no observed drug interaction. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Can amitriptyline cause weight loss: gain/cough/low potassium/high blood sugar/erectile dysfunction?
Amitriptyline can cause low potassium/high blood pressure. Patients should consult the doctor regarding the possible side effects.