food interaction for CIFRAN OD
alcohol interaction for CIFRAN OD
pregnancy interaction for CIFRAN OD
lactation interaction for CIFRAN OD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CIFRAN OD
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CIFRAN OD 1000 MG TABLET
Patients taking CIFRAN OD 1000 MG TABLET
- 80%Once A Day
- 20%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CIFRAN OD
- COFLOX 1000MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.51/tabletRs. 85.06save 50% more per tablet
- CIPIC OD 1000MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Biological E LtdRs. 11.01/tabletRs. 55.06save 35% more per tablet
- COD 1000MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12/tabletRs. 60save 29% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for CIFRAN OD
- Do not eat or drink any dairy products (such as milk or yogurt) or drinks with added calcium (e.g. calcium-fortified orange juice) when you take the tablets. You should take your tablets 1-2 hours before or at least 4 hours after such products.
- Do not drive because you may feel less alert while being treated with ciprofloxacin.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight, or artificial UV light such as sunbeds when taking ciprofloxacin.
- Stop taking this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in any of your joints.
Frequently asked questions for CIFRAN OD
Q.Can I take ciprofloxacin for strep or sore throat; flu, cold, tooth infection, or yeast infection?
Ciprofloxacin is generally not a best option for strep or sore throat, flu and cold; and it is not used for tooth infection, or yeast infection. Always consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Can I take ciprofloxacin with pantoprazole, metronidazole, or amoxicillin?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with metronidazole, and pantoprazole. Generally ciprofloxacin is not given along with amoxicillin as both are different drugs with similar action. Please consult your doctor before changing the medication
Q.Can I take ciprofloxacin with Tylenol (paracetamol), or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine)?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with Tylenol (paracetamol), or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine)
Q.Can I take ciprofloxacin with birth control pills or does it affect birth control?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with birth control pills. It does not affect birth control.
Q.Is ciprofloxacin safe/ banned?
Ciprofloxacin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is ciprofloxacin sulfa based/ a penicillin?
No. Ciprofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha.