Medicine Overview of Cibrim T Eye Drop
Uses of Timolol
Side effects of Timolol
Stinging in the eyes, Blurred vision, Burning eyes.
How to use Timolol
How Cibrim T Eye Drop works
Uses of Brimonidine
Side effects of Brimonidine
Headache, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Blurred vision, Dry mouth, Burning sensation in eye, Conjunctival hyperemia , Fatigue, Stinging in the eyes, Drowsiness, Eye itching, Allergic reaction in eye.
How to use Brimonidine
How Cibrim T Eye Drop works
In Depth Information on Cibrim T Eye Drop
Expert advice for Timolol
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to timolol or other beta-blockers or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Do not start or continue timolol, if you are taking any other medication for high blood pressure or heart condition or other beta blockers.
- Avoid taking timolol, if you have asthma or other respiratory disease that causes breathing problems (eg. chronic bronchitis, emphysema, etc.).
- Do not start or continue timolol, if your have diabetes, thyroid disorder, liver or kidney dysfunction or ulcers, pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal glands that leads to persistent or episodic high blood pressure).
- Avoid taking timolol, if you are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate machines, as timolol may cause dizziness or tiredness.
Expert advice for Brimonidine
- Do not start or continue the brimonidine solution If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to brimonidine or any of the other ingredients of brimonidine solution.
- Close your eyes for 2 or 3 minutes with your head tipped down, without blinking or squinting. Gently press your finger to the inside corner of the eye for about 1 minute, to keep the liquid from draining into your tear duct.
- Do not touch the tip of the eye dropper or place it directly on your eye. A contaminated dropper can infect your eye, which could lead to serious vision problems.
- Remove contact lenses prior to application and wait at least 15 minutes before reinsertion.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before using any other eye drops your doctor has prescribed.
- Do not use the eye drops if the liquid has changed colors or has particles in it. Call your pharmacist for new medicine.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
To reduce the amount of Cibrim T Eye Drop that reaches the breastmilk, place pressure over the corner of the eye for 1 minute or more, then remove the excess solution with an absorbent tissue.
Cibrim T Eye Drop may cause blurred or abnormal vision. This effect may seem worse at night or in reduced lighting and this may affect the ability to drive.