Medicine Overview of Chromotop Inhaler
Side effects of Chromotop Inhaler
Vomiting, Nausea, Blurred vision, Chest tightness, Headache, Skin rash, Stinging in the eyes, Throat irritation.
How to use Chromotop Inhaler
Check the label for directions before use. Shake the inhaler. While you are breathing in from mouth, press down on the inhaler one time to release the medication and hold your breath for 10 seconds. Repeat until you have inhaled the number of puffs as suggested by the doctor.Afterwards, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit it out.
How Chromotop Inhaler works
The Chromotop 2mg inhaler works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that may cause inflammation, spasm of muscles of the airways and other symptoms of asthma and allergies.
In Depth Information on Chromotop Inhaler
Expert advice for Chromotop Inhaler
- Avoid sudden discontinuation of sodium cromoglycate therapy as it may result in reoccurrence of symptoms.
- You should not use inhalations of sodium cromoglycate for acute attack of bronchospasm (sudden severe attacks of air passage constriction).
- Discontinue inhalation treatment if you develop eosinophilic pneumonia (a condition in which blood cells called eosinophils accumulate in the lungs).
- Do not touch the tip of eye drop bottle to your fingers, eyes or surrounding areas to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver functioning problems before taking oral sodium cromoglycate.
- Oral sodium cromoglycate should be used with caution in children under 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Chromotop 2mg Inhaler
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Chromotop 2mg Inhaler is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Chromotop 2mg Inha+more
ler during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Chromotop 2mg Inhaler may cause blurring of your vision for a short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear.+more
There is limited information available on the use of Chromot+more
op 2mg Inhaler in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Chromotop 2mg Inhaler
Frequently asked questions for Sodium Cromoglycate
Q. Is sodium cromoglycate an antihistamine?
No. Sodium cromoglycate has no known effect on chemical substances called histamine or its receptors in the body
It does not have structure or mechanism of action similar to steroids
It works by inhibiting the release of allergy causing chemicals from specialized cells called ‘mast cells' (present in eyes, nose, air passages, along the digestive tract etc.) and thus interferes with the development and progression of allergic reactions
No. Chromotop does not cause drowsiness.
Substitutes for Chromotop
No substitutes found for this medicine