Medicine Overview of Chlorpromazine Tablet
Side effects of Chlorpromazine Tablet
Weight gain, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Sleepiness, Akathisia, Dystonia, Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism.
How to use Chlorpromazine Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Chlorpromazine Tablet works
Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Chlorpromazine Tablet
Expert advice for Chlorpromazine Tablet
- Do not use chlorpromazine in children < 1 year unless the need is lifesaving or in children ≤12 years for the treatment of hiccups.
- Tell your doctor before taking chlorpromazine if you are suffering from liver or kidney disease, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, reduced activity of thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), heart disease, raised eyeball pressure (glaucoma), diabetes, tendency to form blood clots or a family history of clotting disorder, pheochromocytoma (high blood pressure due to a tumour near the kidney), or enlarged prostate.
- Inform your doctor if you have known cardiovascular disease or family history of QT prolongation and if you are taking medicines that may prolong the QT interval.
- Inform your doctor of other medications that you may be taking for psychiatric disorders, lowering of blood pressure, insomnia, fits, Parkinson’s disease, migraine etc.
- Do not stop taking chlorpromazine or change its dose without consulting your doctor.
- Monitor blood glucose regularly while on chlorpromazine treatment, if you are a patient with diabetes
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking chlorpromazine as it may cause drowsiness and visual disturbances.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to any phenothiazine drug, chlorpromazine or any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Chlorpromazine Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Chlorpromazine Tablet
Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
If the Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet is given, monitor the baby for excessive sleepiness during breastfeeding....
If the Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet is given, monitor the baby for excessive sleepiness during breastfeeding.
Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy,+more
tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet is recommended.+more
However, inform your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. A close monitoring is advisable while you are taking this medicine....
However, inform your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. A close monitoring is advisable while you are taking this medicine.
There is limited information available on the use of Chlorpr+more
omazine 50mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Adamon 100mg Injection
Frequently asked questions about Chlorpromazine Tablet
Frequently asked questions about Chlorpromazine
Chlorpromazine is not a benzodiazepine. It belongs to a class of medicines called phenothiazine antipsychotics. Chlorpromazine should not be used as a sleeping tablet
Q. Is it good for anxiety?
It is used in patients with schizophrenia but it relieves anxiety too at certain levels
No. Chlorpromazine is not a controlled substance/ narcotic. However, it can be purchased only after producing a doctor's prescription
Yes, Chlorpromazine may cause weight gain and sleepiness
Q. Is it addictive?
Chlorpromazine does not have high addictive potential and a very little propensity for abuse for euphoria
Q. Does chlorpromazine decrease dopamine?
Chlorpromazine is dopamine receptor blocker so it decreases dopamine levels to calm the patients with schizophrenia
It has been observed that Chlorpromazine helps in certain cases of opiate withdrawal. However, it is not widely used for this purpose. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
User Submitted Feedback For Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Chlorpromazine 50mg Tablet: EMB, SBL, OHM, NVL, RUS, PEN, BBS, HRV, RSS, BSN, ADT, BTM, RSA, UMP, PWN, SSA, EQN, ZVP, NVY, MAM, ARD, SWA, HIP, DDR, USF, SAT, SDM, AVN, AAR, ENP, PVP, DLP, ATL, SHS, MAK, IAD, HGI, SVH, BMJ, MMS, PPR, HAT, AMR, LCC, HEX, SRG, TRP, AYU, DHR, MPC, PLT, RKS, KHH, BIO, SYN, GBL, RJH, SHP, SJP, OWP, AAY, WLC, HBV, SCH, OIP, GTC, THP, SHD, SAF, GPP, MAX, STA, MOM, SHM, LHA, IPL, RHW, AGT, GPT, ATP, NWP, INC, JVO, CLT, OLT, BDN, DPP, JVN, WSI, NDP, DYG, RPP, RHL, JMJ, FGH, HMP, DPL, SBA, PTI, MSD, NNH, 9T9, SWP, GNC, JIV, DFP, GTK, MLC, PNT
Substitutes for Chlorpromazine Tablet
Clozine 50mg Tablet
Psychotropics India Ltd
Zinetil 50mg Tablet
Gujarat Terce Laboratories Ltd
Prozine 50mg Tablet
Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Trytil 50mg Tablet
S P Pharma
Relitil 50mg Tablet
Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd