food interaction for CETANIL T
alcohol interaction for CETANIL T
pregnancy interaction for CETANIL T
lactation interaction for CETANIL T
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CETANIL T
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CETANIL T
- CINOD T 20 MG/40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125same price
- RANCI T 20MG/40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.80/tabletRs. 128pay 2% more per tablet
- ERITEL LN HS 40 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115save 8% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for CETANIL T
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Cilnidipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Cilnidipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Cilnidipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Cilnidipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions for CETANIL T
Q.Is cilnidipine US FDA approved?
It is not approved by FDA for the treatment of hypertension
Q.What are the uses of cilnidipine/Cilacar?
Cilnidipine/Cilacar is used for the treatment of hypertension
Q.Is cilnidipine is a novel dihydropyridine?
Yes, cilnidipine belong to the class of selective dihydropyridine derivative calcium-channel blockers.
Q.Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure
Q.Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker
Q.Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.)
Q.Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.