food interaction for CETANIL O
alcohol interaction for CETANIL O
pregnancy interaction for CETANIL O
lactation interaction for CETANIL O
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CETANIL O
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CETANIL O
- NEXOVAS O 20 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.90/tabletRs. 99save 17% more per tablet
- OLMIN LN 20 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 9.35/tabletRs. 93.50save 21% more per tablet
- CILNY O 20 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 98save 18% more per tablet
- OMEN CDP 20MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Medley PharmaceuticalsRs. 8.50/tabletRs. 85save 29% more per tablet
- NULONG OL 20MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 10/tabletRs. 100save 16% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for CETANIL O
- Olmesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Olmesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Olmesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Olmesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for CETANIL O
Q.What is olmesartan medoxomil?
Olmesartan medoxomil is available as olmezest or Benicar is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It is not beta blocker or ACE inhibitor
Q.Is olmesartan better than telmisartan or losartan?
No, the effects of olmesartan, telmisartan or losartan are similar but may vary upon individual response
Q.Is olmesartan a blood thinner / statin?
No, olmesartan decreases the pressure in the blood vessels and increases the amount of fluid removed from the blood by the kidneys
Q.Is olmesartan safe?
Olmesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does olmesartan cause impotence?
No, olmesartan does not cause impotence.
Q.Is cilnidipine US FDA approved?
It is not approved by FDA for the treatment of hypertension
Q.What are the uses of cilnidipine/Cilacar?
Cilnidipine/Cilacar is used for the treatment of hypertension
Q.Is cilnidipine is a novel dihydropyridine?
Yes, cilnidipine belong to the class of selective dihydropyridine derivative calcium-channel blockers.