food interaction for CEPROLEN D
alcohol interaction for CEPROLEN D
pregnancy interaction for CEPROLEN D
lactation interaction for CEPROLEN D
medicine interaction for CEPROLEN D
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CEPROLEN D
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CEPROLEN D
- ZOXAN D 0.3%/0.1% EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)FDC LtdRs. 1.88/ML of eye dropRs. 9.40pay 68% more per ML of eye drop
- CIPLEX 0.3%/0.1% EYE DROPS(10 ML eye drop in packet)Leeford Healthcare LtdRs. 1.06/ML of eye dropRs. 10.62save 5% more per ML of eye drop
- AHLOX D 0.3%/0.1% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Ahlcon Parenterals India LimitedRs. 1.84/ML of eye dropRs. 9.20pay 65% more per ML of eye drop
- DEFLOX 0.3%/0.1% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Syntho Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.40/ML of eye dropRs. 12pay 115% more per ML of eye drop
- LARCIP D 0.3%/0.1% EYE DROPS(10 ML eye drop in packet)Lark Laboratories LtdRs. 0.72/ML of eye dropRs. 7.25save 35% more per ML of eye drop
Expert advice FOR CEPROLEN D
- Do not eat or drink any dairy products (such as milk or yogurt) or drinks with added calcium (e.g. calcium-fortified orange juice) when you take the tablets. You should take your tablets 1-2 hours before or at least 4 hours after such products.
- Do not drive because you may feel less alert while being treated with ciprofloxacin.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight, or artificial UV light such as sunbeds when taking ciprofloxacin.
- Stop taking this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in any of your joints.
Frequently asked questions FOR CEPROLEN D
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin for strep or sore throat; flu, cold, tooth infection, or yeast infection?
Ciprofloxacin is generally not a best option for strep or sore throat, flu and cold; and it is not used for tooth infection, or yeast infection. Always consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin with pantoprazole, metronidazole, or amoxicillin?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with metronidazole, and pantoprazole. Generally ciprofloxacin is not given along with amoxicillin as both are different drugs with similar action. Please consult your doctor before changing the medication
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin with Tylenol (paracetamol), or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine)?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with Tylenol (paracetamol), or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine)
Q. Can I take ciprofloxacin with birth control pills or does it affect birth control?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with birth control pills. It does not affect birth control.
Q. Is ciprofloxacin safe/ banned?
Ciprofloxacin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is ciprofloxacin sulfa based/ a penicillin?
No. Ciprofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha.
Q. Are decadron and prednisone same as dexamethasone?
No. Decadron is a brand name of dexamethasone. Prednisone, however, is entirely different drug. Both drugs however belong to a same class of medications called corticosteroids
Q. Is dexamethasone a narcotic, sulfa drug, NSAID or controlled substance?
No. Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid drug which shows anti-inflammatory action. It is not a controlled substance or sulfa drug. It can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q. Does dexona cause weight gain/ cause fluid retention/ heart burn/ hungry/ keep you awake/ drowsiness?
Dexona is the brand name of dexamethasone tablet, a corticosteroid. It may cause weight gain due to fluid retention properties. It should be noted that the fluid retention is a side effect of dexona and not the use. It is also known to cause heart burn and increased appetite. It does not cause drowsiness or insomnia. However, if you experience such side effects, always consult your doctor
Q. Is dexamethasone safe?
Dexamethasone is safe if used at prescribed doses and at prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve or naproxen with dexamethasone?
Advil is the brand name of ibuprofen while Aleve is the brand name of naproxen. Dexamethasone should not be used in combination with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen etc., since it can cause stomach ulceration and bleeding
Q. Can I take dexamethasone with ciprofloxacin?
Taking ciprofloxacin along with dexamethasone tablet may cause inflammation of tendon and tendon rupture especially in elderly. Hence taking this drug combination is not advisable
Q. Can I take paracetamol, Tylenol or Benadryl with dexamethasone?
No major or clinically significant drug interaction is found with the said drugs. However, always consult your doctor before using these drugs
Q. Can I take tums with dexamethasone?
Minor interaction between dexamethasone and tums (calcium carbonate) are reported in certain cases. Always consult your doctor before using this combination
Q. Can I take Xanax with dexamethasone?
Minor interaction between dexamethasone and Xanax (alprazolam) are reported in certain cases. Always consult your doctor before using this combination
Q. Is dexamethasone safe for toddlers?
It is safe if used as per indication and doses advised by the doctor
Q. What are the uses of dexona tablet and injection?
Dexona tablets and injections are used to treat decreased adrenal gland function and inflammatory conditions like asthma and allergy.