food interaction for CEPHADEX
alcohol interaction for CEPHADEX
pregnancy interaction for CEPHADEX
lactation interaction for CEPHADEX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CEPHADEX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CEPHADEX
- SPORIDEX 125MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1.15/ML of syrupRs. 34.60pay 9% more per ML of syrup
- SPORIDEX REDIMIX 125 MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1.15/ML of syrupRs. 34.60pay 9% more per ML of syrup
- PHEXIN READY 125 MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.16/ML of syrupRs. 69.40pay 10% more per ML of syrup
- ALCEPHIN 125MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.50/ML of syrupRs. 15save 53% more per ML of syrup
- ELDOXINE 125MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Elder Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2/ML of syrupRs. 60pay 90% more per ML of syrup
Expert advice FOR CEPHADEX
Frequently asked questions FOR CEPHADEX
Q. Does cephalexin contain sulfa or penicillin?
Cephalexin does not contain sulfa and is not penicillin. It is a cephalosporin antibiotic
Q. Is cephalexin the same as Keflex, Sporanox, or amoxicillin?
Keflex is a brand name for cephalexin, but Sporanox and amoxicillin are other drugs
Q. Is cephalexin safe?
Cephalexin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take cephalexin with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), Dayquil (Phenylephrine, acetaminophen, dextromethorphan), Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate), or Advil (ibuprofen)?
Yes, you may take cephalexin with Nyquil, Tylenol, Dayquil, Benadryl, Tamiflu, or Advil. Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins?
Yes, you can take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins
Q. Can I take cephalexin for a cold?
Cephalexin treats infections caused by bacteria. It does not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu
Q. Does cephalexin treat sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), staph infections or bacterial vaginosis (BV)?
Cephalexin is not approved to treat STDs and is not active against MRSA. It may be used against staph infections, but is not very effective against bacterial vaginosis.