Medicine Overview of Celemix Infusion
Uses of Celemix Infusion
Celemix 5% w/v Infusion is used in constipation.
Side effects of Celemix Infusion
How to use Celemix Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Celemix Infusion works
Celemix 5% w/v infusion works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
In Depth Information on Celemix Infusion
Expert advice for Celemix Infusion
- Avoid taking a Celemix for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Celemix, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Celemix should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Celemix contains sugars.
- Take Celemix after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
Special precautions for Celemix 5% w/v Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Celemix 5% w/v Inf+more
usion during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Celemix 5% w/v Infusion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Celemix 5% w/v Infusion should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Celemix 5% w/v Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Celemix+more
5% w/v Infusion in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Sorbitol, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Celemix 5% w/v Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Sorbitol
Celemix is safe in most patients if taken at recommended dosage and duration. However, higher dosages may cause stomach cramps and diarrhea in some patients. It is generally safe to be used in diabetes but hyperglycemia (raised blood sugar) from metabolism of absorbed Celemix may occur in some diabetic patients
Celemix may cause bloating, it can cause severe side effects such as sudden weight gain in some patients
Consuming Celemix-sweetened (sugar-free) products instead of regular ones can play an important role in reducing a person's tooth decay rate and will prevent dental carries.
Substitutes for Celemix
No substitutes found for this medicine