food interaction for CEFWIDE
alcohol interaction for CEFWIDE
pregnancy interaction for CEFWIDE
lactation interaction for CEFWIDE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CEFWIDE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CEFWIDE
- CEFAZID 1000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 189.85/injectionRs. 189.85pay 88499% more per injection
- KEFTAGLAN 1000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Gland Pharma LimitedRs. 280/injectionRs. 280pay 130570% more per injection
- TIZIME 1000MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 30.89/ML of injectionRs. 308.95pay 14318% more per ML of injection
- NOSODIME 1000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)S R PharmaceuticalsRs. 240/injectionRs. 240pay 111903% more per injection
- KRIZID 1000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Seagull Labs (I) Pvt LtdRs. 209.30/injectionRs. 209.30pay 97576% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CEFWIDE
- Ceftazidime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive if you feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftazidime.
- If you are taking birth conrol pills, ceftazidime can make them less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control while taking this drug to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not start or continue the ceftazidime and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for CEFWIDE
Q.Is ceftazidime a sulfa, penicillin or a beta lactam drug?
Ceftazidime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is ceftazidime the same as Rocephin?
No, Rocephin is the brand name for ceftriaxone
Q.Is ceftazidime dialyzable?
Yes, ceftazidime is a dialyzable drug
Q.Is ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin compatible?
Yes, ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin are compatible when taken together
Q.What organisms does ceftazidime cover?
Ceftazidime is active against pseudomonas, anaerobes, and staphylococcus bacteria. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Q.Is ceftazidime nephrotoxic?
No, ceftazidime is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin) or diuretics such as furosemide, it may increase nephrotoxicity.