food interaction for CEFTASTAR
alcohol interaction for CEFTASTAR
pregnancy interaction for CEFTASTAR
lactation interaction for CEFTASTAR
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CEFTASTAR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CEFTASTAR
- TAZID 250 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 73.42/injectionRs. 73.42pay 29% more per injection
- CEFAZID 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 28.91/ML of injectionRs. 57.83save 49% more per ML of injection
- FORTUM 250 MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.34/ML of injectionRs. 73.41save 87% more per ML of injection
- MEGAZID 250MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 73.35/ML of injectionRs. 73.35pay 28% more per ML of injection
- SPECTRAZID 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Apex Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 36.75/ML of injectionRs. 73.50save 36% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for CEFTASTAR
- Ceftazidime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive if you feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftazidime.
- If you are taking birth conrol pills, ceftazidime can make them less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control while taking this drug to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not start or continue the ceftazidime and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for CEFTASTAR
Q.Is ceftazidime a sulfa, penicillin or a beta lactam drug?
Ceftazidime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is ceftazidime the same as Rocephin?
No, Rocephin is the brand name for ceftriaxone
Q.Is ceftazidime dialyzable?
Yes, ceftazidime is a dialyzable drug
Q.Is ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin compatible?
Yes, ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin are compatible when taken together
Q.What organisms does ceftazidime cover?
Ceftazidime is active against pseudomonas, anaerobes, and staphylococcus bacteria. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Q.Is ceftazidime nephrotoxic?
No, ceftazidime is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin) or diuretics such as furosemide, it may increase nephrotoxicity.