food interaction for CEFTAS AZ
alcohol interaction for CEFTAS AZ
pregnancy interaction for CEFTAS AZ
lactation interaction for CEFTAS AZ
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CEFTAS AZ
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CEFTAS AZ 200 MG/250 MG TABLET
Patients taking CEFTAS AZ 200 MG/250 MG TABLET
- 83%Twice A Day
- 8%Thrice A Day
- 8%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CEFTAS AZ
- ZIFI AZ 200MG/250MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)FDC LtdRs. 16.90/tabletRs. 169save 16% more per tablet
- TAXIM AZ 200 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 27.50/tabletRs. 275pay 38% more per tablet
- ZITHROX PLUS 200 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 19.58/tabletRs. 195.80save 2% more per tablet
- ZIMNIC AZ 200 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 19.50/tabletRs. 195save 2% more per tablet
- HIFEN AZ 200 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 16.90/tabletRs. 169save 16% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CEFTAS AZ
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for CEFTAS AZ
Q.What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q.Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q.Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q.Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.