food interaction for CEFTAS
alcohol interaction for CEFTAS
pregnancy interaction for CEFTAS
lactation interaction for CEFTAS
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CEFTAS
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CEFTAS 400 MG TABLET
Patients taking CEFTAS 400 MG TABLET
- 46%Twice A Day
- 28%Thrice A Day
- 26%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CEFTAS
- TAXIM O 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 21.50/tabletRs. 215.04save 4% more per tablet
- SECEF 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 19.62/tabletRs. 196.25save 12% more per tablet
- C TAX O 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 19/tabletRs. 190save 15% more per tablet
- CEFIX 400 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 28.89/tabletRs. 115.57pay 29% more per tablet
- TOPCEF 400MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.54/tabletRs. 115.38save 48% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for CEFTAS
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for CEFTAS
Q.What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q.Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q.Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q.Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.