food interaction for CEFOZYT LX
alcohol interaction for CEFOZYT LX
pregnancy interaction for CEFOZYT LX
lactation interaction for CEFOZYT LX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CEFOZYT LX
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CEFOZYT LX
- GUDCEF L 200 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 17.60/tabletRs. 176pay 10% more per tablet
- GLEVO POD 200 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 18.40/tabletRs. 184pay 15% more per tablet
- L CIN C 200MG/250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 15.35/tabletRs. 153.50save 4% more per tablet
- ALEVO CP 200 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 17.50/tabletRs. 175pay 9% more per tablet
- XOP L 200 MG/250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Corona Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 16.90/tabletRs. 169pay 6% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR CEFOZYT LX
- If you are allergic to cefpodoxime or any other cephalosporin antibiotic such as cefadroxil, cephalexin, penicillin, or any other drugs.
- If you have diarrhea, inflammation of large intestine (colon) colitis, or stomach problems, blood clotting problem.
- If you have or had kidney or liver disease.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking cefpodoxime.
- If you have taken cefpodoxime repeatedly or for longer duration.
Frequently asked questions FOR CEFOZYT LX
Q. Is cefpodoxime a sulfa drug/steroid/penicillin?
No, cefpodoxime belongs to class of medication called as cephalosporin antibiotics
Q. Is Cefpodoxime/ cefodem xp 325/ cefodem 200/ monocef-o/ kefpod safe?
Cefpodoxime (also available as cefodem xp 325/cefodem 200/ monocef-o/kefpod) is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. What are cefpodoxime/ cefodem xp 325/ cefodem 200/ monocef-o/ kefpod/ gudcef 200/ gudcef?
Cefpodoxime belongs to class of medication called as cephalosporin antibiotics. It is used for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria
Q. Is cefpodoxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.
Q. Does levofloxacin/ L-cin 500/ Levomac/ Levoday/ Levobact contain penicillin or sulpha?
No, levofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha
Q. Is levofloxacin gluten free?
Yes, levofloxacin sold as generic is gluten free
Q. Is levofloxacin the same as ciprofloxacin?
They belong to same class of antibiotics, but are different drugs
Q. Is levofloxacin a narcotic?
No. Levofloxacin is not a narcotic drug
Q. Can I take levofloxacin for sore throat, tonsil and strep throat?
Yes. Levofloxacin can be used to treat sore throat, tonsillitis and strep throat infections. Please consult your doctor before taking drug
Q. Can I take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin?
Yes. You can take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does levofloxacin cover Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
No. Levofloxacin is not effective against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Q. Does levofloxacin affect birth control?
No. Levofloxacin does not affect birth control pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.