food interaction for CEFOXID
alcohol interaction for CEFOXID
pregnancy interaction for CEFOXID
lactation interaction for CEFOXID
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CEFOXID
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CEFOXID
- CEFADUR 100 MG DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 1.90/ML of dropRs. 19save 7% more per ML of drop
- VEPAN 100 MG DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 1.94/ML of dropRs. 19.42save 4% more per ML of drop
- ZADRO 100MG DROPS(10 ML drop in packet)FDC LtdRs. 1.61/ML of dropRs. 16.11save 21% more per ML of drop
- KIDROX 100MG DROPS(10 ML drop in packet)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.52/ML of dropRs. 35.20pay 73% more per ML of drop
Expert advice FOR CEFOXID
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefadroxil.
- Do not start or continue the cefadroxil tablets and consult your doctor if you have a kidney problem or history of gastro-intestinal disorders.
- Do not start or continue the cefadroxil tablets and consult your doctor if you experience severe and persistent diarrhea; it is considered as an antibiotic-associated severe diarrhea. Consult your doctor if you are taking oral birth control pills.
Frequently asked questions FOR CEFOXID
Q. Does cefadroxil, or Odoxil contain sulfa or a form of penicillin drug?
No, they do not contain sulfa or not a penicillin drug. They are cephalosporin antibiotics
Q. Can I take cefadroxil for strep throat; bronchitis, sinus infection, tooth infection, yeast infection, or acne?
Yes, you can take cefadroxil in strep throat; bronchitis, sinus infection, tooth infection, or acne but you cannot take it for yeast infection. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q. Can I take cefadroxil with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), ibuprofen, or Benadryl (diphenhydramine)?
Cefuroxime is not reported to interact with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), ibuprofen, or Benadryl (diphenhydramine). Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does cefadroxil cause constipation or yeast infections?
Cefadroxil may cause yeast infections, but it is not known to cause constipation
Q. Is cefadroxil safe?
Cefadroxil is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does cefadroxil need to be refrigerated?
Cefadroxil needs to be stored at 20° to 25°C.