food interaction for CEFOMYCIN
alcohol interaction for CEFOMYCIN
pregnancy interaction for CEFOMYCIN
lactation interaction for CEFOMYCIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CEFOMYCIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CEFOMYCIN
- KEPHAZON 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 295/injectionRs. 295pay 21% more per injection
- PURECEF 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 120.31/injectionRs. 120.31save 51% more per injection
- CEFPAR 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 44.62/injectionRs. 44.62save 82% more per injection
- CEFPRA 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Ampra PharmaceuticalsRs. 65.62/injectionRs. 65.62save 73% more per injection
- DELTONE 1 GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 62.50/injectionRs. 62.50save 74% more per injection
Expert advice FOR CEFOMYCIN
- If you have history of allergy due to cefoperazone or any other cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics.
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are already taking any other antibiotic like aminoglycosides or other cephalosporins as it may cause kidney toxicity.
Frequently asked questions FOR CEFOMYCIN
Q. What is cefoperazone sulbactam?
Combination of cefoperazone and sulbactam (beta lactamase inhibitor) are used for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections
Q. Is cefoperazone nephrotoxic?
No, cefoperazona is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone, but when given along with aminoglycosides (gentamicin, tobramycin) or other cephalosporins antibiotics, it may increase nephrotoxicity. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is cefoperazone safe?
Cefoperazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.