food interaction for CEFI L
alcohol interaction for CEFI L
pregnancy interaction for CEFI L
lactation interaction for CEFI L
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CEFI L
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CEFI LNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for CEFI L
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for CEFI L
Q.What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q.Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q.Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q.Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.
Q.Does levofloxacin/ L-cin 500/ Levomac/ Levoday/ Levobact contain penicillin or sulpha?
No, levofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha
Q.Is levofloxacin gluten free?
Yes, levofloxacin sold as generic is gluten free
Q.Is levofloxacin the same as ciprofloxacin?
They belong to same class of antibiotics, but are different drugs
Q.Is levofloxacin a narcotic?
No. Levofloxacin is not a narcotic drug
Q.Can I take levofloxacin for sore throat, tonsil and strep throat?
Yes. Levofloxacin can be used to treat sore throat, tonsillitis and strep throat infections. Please consult your doctor before taking drug
Q.Can I take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin?
Yes. You can take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does levofloxacin cover Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
No. Levofloxacin is not effective against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Q.Does levofloxacin affect birth control?
No. Levofloxacin does not affect birth control pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.