food interaction for CEFF
alcohol interaction for CEFF
pregnancy interaction for CEFF
lactation interaction for CEFF
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CEFF
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CEFF
- SPORIDEX AF 750 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 27.50/tabletRs. 275save 8% more per tablet
- PHEXIN BD 750 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 29.14/tabletRs. 291.35save 3% more per tablet
- ECEF OD 750MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 19.50/tabletRs. 117.03save 35% more per tablet
- MEXEF DS 750MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 14.21/tabletRs. 142.08save 53% more per tablet
- FEX 750MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ordain Health Care Global Pvt LtdRs. 20.79/tabletRs. 207.85save 31% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for CEFF
Frequently asked questions for CEFF
Q.Does cephalexin contain sulfa or penicillin?
Cephalexin does not contain sulfa and is not penicillin. It is a cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cephalexin the same as Keflex, Sporanox, or amoxicillin?
Keflex is a brand name for cephalexin, but Sporanox and amoxicillin are other drugs
Q.Is cephalexin safe?
Cephalexin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take cephalexin with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), Dayquil (Phenylephrine, acetaminophen, dextromethorphan), Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate), or Advil (ibuprofen)?
Yes, you may take cephalexin with Nyquil, Tylenol, Dayquil, Benadryl, Tamiflu, or Advil. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Can I take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins?
Yes, you can take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins
Q.Can I take cephalexin for a cold?
Cephalexin treats infections caused by bacteria. It does not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu
Q.Does cephalexin treat sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), staph infections or bacterial vaginosis (BV)?
Cephalexin is not approved to treat STDs and is not active against MRSA. It may be used against staph infections, but is not very effective against bacterial vaginosis.