food interaction for CEEMI
alcohol interaction for CEEMI
pregnancy interaction for CEEMI
lactation interaction for CEEMI
SALT INFORMATION FOR CEEMI
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CEEMI
- REALCEF DT 100MG/60MILLIONCELLS TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.18/tabletRs. 81.76pay 13% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR CEEMI
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions FOR CEEMI
Q. What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q. Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q. Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q. Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.
Q. Is lactobacillus/Lactobacillus acidophilus vegan/ dairy free?
Some products of lactobacillus/Lactobacillus acidophilus contain dairy products and may not be suitable for vegans. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is lactobacillus good or bad/pathogenic?
Lactobacillus is a group of ‘good' bacteria that provide several health benefits. It is not among the disease causing (pathogenic) bacteria
Q. Is lactobacillus and Lactobacillus acidophilus same?
Lactobacillus acidophilus is a species of lactobacillus bacteria. Their role as a probiotic in the maintenance of good health is the same
Q. Is lactobacillus gram negative?
Lactobacillus is a gram positive bacteria
Q. Is lactobacillus motile?
Certain species or strains of lactobacillus are motile
Q. Is Lactobacillus acidophilus good for yeast infections/can I take Lactobacillus acidophilus for yeast infections?
Yes. Lactobacillus has been regarded beneficial in the treatment of yeast infections of the vagina
Q. Can I take Lactobacillus acidophilus for bad breath?
The benefits of Lactobacillus acidophilus in improving bad breath have not been established
Q. How long can I take acidophilus for?
The duration of treatment with lactobacillus/Lactobacillus acidophilus depends upon the condition being treated and is decided by the doctor
Q. Can you take lactobacillus with antibiotics?
Concomitant use of lactobacillus with antibiotics can lower its effectiveness. Products containing lactobacillus should be taken at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics
Q. Does lactobacillus cause/produce gas?
Yes. Gas and bloating is a side effect of lactobacillus. In most cases these mild side effects subside with continued use
Q. Does lactobacillus cause UTI?
Lactobacillus is not known to cause urinary tract infections (UTI)
Q. Does Lactobacillus casei contain casein?
Lactobacillus casei is one of the species of lactobacillus and is used a probiotic. Some products of lactobacillus contain dairy products and may contain casein. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Does lactobacillus create CO2/produce alcohol?
Yes. Lactobacillus may produce carbon dioxide gas and alcohol as a part of its normal cellular process (metabolism)
Q. Does Lactobacillus acidophilus need to be refrigerated?
Dairy based Lactobacillus acidophilus products may need refrigeration. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand for instructions.