food interaction for CARVEDILOL 3.125MG TABLET
alcohol interaction for CARVEDILOL 3.125MG TABLET
pregnancy interaction for CARVEDILOL 3.125MG TABLET
lactation interaction for CARVEDILOL 3.125MG TABLET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CARVEDILOL 3.125MG TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CARVEDILOL 3.125MG TABLET
- CARDIVAS 3.125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 3.20/tabletRs. 32pay 484% more per tablet
- CARCA 3.125 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.48/tabletRs. 37.25pay 353% more per tablet
- CARLOC 3.125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 2.50/tabletRs. 25pay 356% more per tablet
- CARVIL 3.125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39pay 612% more per tablet
- CARZEC 3.125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.69/tabletRs. 26.90pay 391% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for CARVEDILOL 3.125MG TABLET
- Carvedilol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Carvedilol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Carvedilol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Carvedilol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions for CARVEDILOL 3.125MG TABLET
Q.What is carvedilol?
Carvedilol is a beta-blocker used to treat angina (chest discomfort that occurs when blood vessels supplying oxygen-rich blood to heart are narrowed), heart failure and high blood pressure
Q.Is carvedilol a blood thinner/diuretic/cardioselective/ nitrate/alpha blocker/narcotic?
Carvedilol belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. It is not a blood thinner/diuretic/cardioselective/nitrate/alpha blocker/narcotic
Q.How does carvedilol work?
It relaxes the blood vessels and reduced the blood pressure, making it easier for a weak heart to pump blood at a slower rate
Q.Does it treat blood pressure?
Carvedilol is used to treat heart failure, hypertension and high blood pressure
Q.Is carvedilol safe?
Carvedilol is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor
Q.Is carloc the same as carvedilol?
Carloc is the brand name of carvedilol
Q.Can I take carvedilol with ibuprofen/ Tylenol (paracetamol)/ Benadryl (diphenhydramine) / Aleve (naproxen)/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/pseudoephedrine) / Xanax (alprazolam)?
Carvedilol is known to interact with several drugs and so should be taken along with these drugs only with strict instructions of the doctor. If you are already taking these drugs, inform the doctor if he is prescribing carvedilol to you
Q.Does carvedilol cause hair loss/erectile dysfunction/constipation/impotence/cough/swelling/ fatigue?
Carvedilol is not known to cause hair loss, erectile dysfunction or impotence. Some of the side effects of taking carvedilol may be constipation/swelling/cough/fatigue. Please inform the doctor about any new symptom that occurs after starting carvedilol.