food interaction for CAROPRAM
alcohol interaction for CAROPRAM
pregnancy interaction for CAROPRAM
lactation interaction for CAROPRAM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CAROPRAM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CAROPRAMNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for CAROPRAM
- Tell your doctor if you are experiencing wheezing, or if you suffer from any liver problem, or have a tumor of the adrenal glands (phaeochromocytoma) that causes persistent or episodic extreme rise in blood pressure.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as doxapram may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume while taking doxapram as it may worsen the side effects.
- Use of doxapram is not recommended in children <12 years.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for CAROPRAM
Q.Is doxapram a controlled substance?
Doxapram is not a controlled substance, however it is available only on the basis of valid prescription
Q.What is doxapram used for and how does it work?
Doxapram belongs to the class of drugs known as analeptics. It works by stimulating the breathing centre in the brain, thereby increasing the rate of breathing.