Drug interaction for CARDIOPRIL
No relation with food but take it at a consistent time daily with respect to food.
No data available for interaction with alcohol
Weigh benefit versus risk during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Safe during breast feeding. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CARDIOPRILRamipril(5 mg)
Cardiopril 5 mg capsule is mainly used to control high blood pressure (hypertension). It is used to treat heart failure, to improve survival after heart attack and to prevent stroke. Cardiopril 5 mg capsule is also used to treat various kidney diseases.
How it works
Cardiopril 5 mg capsule belongs to a class of drugs called ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors), Cardiopril 5 mg capsule inhibits the chemical ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme). As a result, there is relaxation of blood vessels leading to a fall in blood pressure which makes it easier for the heart to pump blood.
Common side effects
Allergic reaction, Cough, Dizziness, Difficulty in swalloing, Shortness of breath, Facial swelling, Generalised swelling, Headache, Vomiting, Stomach upset
SUBSTITUTES for CARDIOPRIL
- HOPACE 5 MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 7.65/capsuleRs. 114.70pay 6% more per capsule
- RAMCOR 5MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 7.23/capsuleRs. 72.27same price
- ZOREM 5 MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.10/capsuleRs. 151.50pay 40% more per capsule
- RAMIHART 5 MG CAPSULE(7 capsules in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 4.66/capsuleRs. 32.62save 35% more per capsule
- ODIPRIL 5 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 3.90/capsuleRs. 39save 46% more per capsule
Expert advice for CARDIOPRIL
- Do not take ramipril with any other product containing aliskiren if you are diabetic or have kidney problems.
- Do not take ramipril if you have narrowing of one or both arteries that carry blood to kidneys causing reduced blood flow to the kidneys (bilateral renal artery stenosis or renal artery stenosis in a single functioning kidney), abnormally low or unstable blood pressure.
- Do not consume if you are undergoing dialysis or any blood filtration technique as ramipril may cause sudden and severe reactions.
- Discontinue ramipril and consult your doctor if you suffer from cough or swelling of eyes and lips (angioedema).
- Before taking ramipril, consult your doctor if you are suffering from severe increase in blood pressure, have worsening of symptoms of pre-existing heart failure (decompensated heart failure).
Frequently asked questions for CARDIOPRIL
Q. Is ramipril a diuretic?
No, ramipril is not a diuretic It belongs to a class of drugs called ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors), mainly used to reduce high blood pressure.
Q. Is ramipril safe?
Ramipril is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is ramipril or cardace a calcium channel blocker/alpha blocker/ beta blocker?
No, ramipril or cardace is an ACE inhibitor and shows no known effects on calcium channels or alpha receptors or beta receptors.
Q. Is ramipril a nitrate or a statin?
Ramipril is neither a nitrate nor a statin. It is an ACE inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure.
Q. What are Cardace / Ramistar/Hopace used for?
Cardace, Ramistar, Hopace are all trade names for the active drug ramipril. Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure.
Q. Can I take ramipril with simvastatin/amlodipine/ Viagra/naproxen/prednisolone/ metformin/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine-decongestant preparation)?
There are no known serious drug interactions between ramipril when taken with simvastatin/ amlodipine/ Viagra/naproxen/prednisolone/ metformin/Sudafed. However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on ramipril.
Q. Can I take ramipril with ibuprofen?
Ibuprofen can be taken with ramipril, however, it is known that ibuprofen and other NSAIDs may reduce the antihypertensive effects of ramipril. Consult your doctor about any medications currently taken before starting and while on ramipril.
Q. Can I take ramipril with food or orange juice?
Ramipril can be taken before, with or after food or juice, because food intake does not modify its effects.
Q. Does ramipril cause coughing?
Yes, non-productive tickling cough, is one of the common side effects or ramipril.
Q. Does ramipril cause frequent urination?
No, ramipril has no known effect on increasing the frequency of urination. It may rarely increase the urine output but not affect the frequency of urination.
Q. Does ramipril cause itching?
Yes, ramipril may cause itching of skin. It is not very commonly observed.
Q. Does ramipril cause an increase in potassium levels in the blood?
Yes, increased potassium levels is one a common side effects of ramipril.
Q. Does ramipril cause depression?
Yes, ramipril may cause depression; however, it is not very commonly observed.
Q. Does ramipril thin the blood?
No. ramipril has no known effect on blood thinning.
Q. Is ramipril available in India?
Yes, ramipril is available in India with more than 100 brand names.