Medicine Overview of Cardicap Tablet
Side effects of Cardicap Tablet
Headache, Flushing of face, Dizziness, Increased heart rate, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing).
How to use Cardicap Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Cardicap 10mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Cardicap Tablet works
Cardicap 10mg tablet reduces the workload of the heart. As a result, the heart muscle does not need as much blood and oxygen supply.
In Depth Information on Cardicap Tablet
Expert advice for Cardicap Tablet
Take isosorbide dinitrate on an empty stomach with a full glass of water. Do not take isosorbide dinitrate if:
- You are allergic to isosorbide dinitrate, other nitrates or any of the other ingredients.
- You suffer from anemia (reduction in red blood cells).
- You have had a heart attack (myocardial infarction).
- You have had a brain hemorrhage (bleeding) or a head injury (trauma).
- You have a low blood volume (hypovolemia) or very low blood pressure.
- You take sildenafil (“Viagra”) avanafil, riociguat, tadalafil, or vardenafil or any other phosphodiesterase inhibitor.
- You have hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid gland which can cause tiredness or weight gain).
- You are malnourished (severely underfed).
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have been diagnosed with any of the severe heart disease.
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
Special precautions for Cardicap 10mg Tablet
Cardicap 10mg Tablet may cause symptoms such as flushing, in+more
creased heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure with alcohol (Disulfiram reactions)....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cardicap 10mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Cardicap 10mg Tablet should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Cardicap 10mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Cardicap 10mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be exercised with impaired renal function....
Caution should be exercised with impaired renal function.
Cardicap 10mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with liver d+more
isease. No dose adjustment of Cardicap 10mg Tablet is recommended....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Tazzle 10mg Tablet, Tazzle 20mg Tablet, ED Save 20mg Disintegrating Strip, Cialis 10mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Isosorbide Dinitrate, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Cardicap 10mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Isosorbide Dinitrate
Cardicap is used to prevent and treat angina pectoris and as an adjunctive treatment in severe acute or chronic congestive cardiac failure.
Cardicap belongs to a group of medicines called organic nitrates and it works by widening the blood vessels in your heart to allow an increased amount of blood flow to areas which need it.
No, Cardicap is not known to lower heart rate.