food interaction for CARDIBETA
alcohol interaction for CARDIBETA
pregnancy interaction for CARDIBETA
lactation interaction for CARDIBETA
Avoid Cardibeta 50mg tablet xr with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CARDIBETA
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CARDIBETA 50MG TABLET XR
Patients taking CARDIBETA 50MG TABLET XR
- 98%Once A Day
- 2%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CARDIBETA
- EMBETA 50 MG TABLET XR(15 tablet xr in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.62/tablet xrRs. 84.26same price
- METOSAN 50 MG TABLET XR(10 tablet xr in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 6.77/tablet xrRs. 67.70pay 21% more per tablet xr
- SITELOL 50 MG TABLET XR(10 tablet xr in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 4.50/tablet xrRs. 45save 20% more per tablet xr
- INTRAMET XR 50MG TABLET(14 tablet xr in strip)Acme PharmaceuticalRs. 5.51/tablet xrRs. 77.12save 2% more per tablet xr
- EMBETA 50 MG TABLET XR(30 tablet xr in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.62/tablet xrRs. 168.52same price
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for CARDIBETA
- Metoprolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Metoprolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Metoprolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Metoprolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
Frequently asked questions for CARDIBETA
Q.Is metoprolol safe?
Metoprolol (also available as metolar XR 50/ met Xl/ metolar/ embeta XR) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metoprolol a diuretic/ beta blocker/statin/ MAOI/ ACE inhibitor or ARB/ calcium channel blocker?
Metoprolol belongs to the class of beta-blocker drug. It is not a diuretic, statin, MAOI, ACE inhibitor or calcium channel blocker
Q.Is metoprolol tartrate the same as toprol XL?
Metoprolol tartrate and toprol XL are same and Toprol xl is the brand name of the generic drug metoprolol
Q.Can I take metoprolol with amlodipine/ Nyquil /Xanax/ Aspirin/ Ibuprofen/ Benadryl/ Zoloft/ Lisinopril?
Metoprolol can be taken with amlodipine, Lisinopril, Xanax and Aspirin. It is advised to take Nyquil and Metoprolol with doctor’s advice, because Nyquil contains antihistamines which might elevate blood pressure. Ibuprofen is NSAID, which interacts with metoprolol and should be avoided. Metoprolol may slow down the heart rate, and diphenhydramine can cause drowsiness, so Benadryl should be taken only if needed and under doctor’s advice. Metoprolol tartrate oral will increase the level or effect of Zoloft (sertraline) by altering drug metabolism
Q.Does metoprolol cause hair loss/ headache/ lower heart rate/ lower blood pressure/ weight gain/ memory loss/ itching/ cough/ itching/ gas?
Metoprolol may cause some of these effects. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.