Medicine Overview of Carbador Injection
Carbador 500mg Injection is used in serious bacterial infections
It is used in infections of various body parts like skin and soft tissues, urinary tract, blood, brain and lungs (pneumonia).
Nausea, Vomiting, Seizure.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Carbador 500mg Injection is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
In Depth Information on Carbador Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of seizures (fits) or are on medications for fits (like valproic acid). In case you experience seizures while on treatment consult your doctor immediately.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop severe skin rash, or diarrhea.
- Evaluate if diarrhea occurs while on treatment as it can be life threatening resulting from Pseudomembranous colitis caused by Clostridium difficile.
- Take doripenem medication for the full prescribed length even if you feel fine in order to help the infection get completely cleared.
- Do not skip doses as this may increase your risk of further infections.
- Do not take doripenem to treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Carbador Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Carbador 500mg Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Carbador 500mg Injection is probably safe to use during lact
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
It is not known whether Carbador 500mg Injection alters the
ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Carbador 500mg Injection should be used with caution in pati
ents with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Carbador 500mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Carbador 500mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Carbador 500mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Doripenem, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Carbador Injection
Carbador is used to treat complicated urinary tract infections including pyelonephritis (inflammation of kidney due to bacterial infections), and complicated bacterial infections of the abdomen. Carbador is also used to treat some nosocomial infections (infections acquired in the hospital facility) such as nosocomial pneumonia
Yes, Carbador is active against pseudomonas, but not against MRS
Carbador belongs to class of medications called carbapenem antimicrobials. It works by arresting the bacterial cell wall synthesis resulting in bacterial cell death.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Carbador 500mg Injection: MSD, SVH, HGI, IPL, DDR, SSA, AGT, NDP, MAM, ATP, GBL, RSA, DGN, MMS, ENP, DPP, NVY, ZVP, EMB, PTI, SDM, DHR, HBV, BAL, SGC, AVN, BIO, SJP, NWP, DLP, OHM, PNT, SYN, GPT, CLT, BSN, MPC, ZEL, HAT, PLT, AYU, INC, BHP, MDO, OLT, ARD, GTC, JIV, RHW, STA, SAT, NVL, GTK, SWA, SBA, TRP, NNH, TNH, BDN, BTM, FGH, DYG, NTB, OIP, AMR, DPL, SHP, GNC, IAD, RUS, MAX, SCH, PEN, RJH, JMJ, 9T9, ANT, HIP, RSS, SBL, WHL, DFP, MLC, PWN, UMP, HMP, RKS, PVP, HPC, ADT, NSL, RWP, GPP, MOM, BBS, SHD, JVO, VRS, ABP, PPR, AAR, RPP, MAK, HEX, KHH, OWP, WSI, RHL, USF, THP, SWP, NXG, JVN, LHA, EQN, AAY, BMJ, PRN, LCC, SAF, ATL