Substitutes for CAPXCEL TABLET
CAPCITA 500MG TABLET
DISTAMINE 500MG TABLET
Neon Laboratories Ltd
CAPEGARD 500MG TABLET
CAPOSTAT 500MG TABLET
Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
CAPEHOPE 500MG TABLET
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Medicine Overview of CAPXCEL TABLET
Side effects of CAPXCEL TABLET
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Abdominal pain, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Hand-foot syndrome, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
How to use CAPXCEL TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Capxcel 500mg tablet with food.
How CAPXCEL TABLET works
Capxcel 500mg tablet interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on CAPXCEL TABLET
Expert advice for CAPXCEL TABLET
- Capecitabine should be taken with water within half an hour of taking a meal.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from high or low levels of calcium, cardiac toxicity problems or hand and foot syndrome.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of diabetes, nervous system disorders or are taking medication for blood thinning.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medications for gout (allopurinol), fits (phenytoin), or cancer (folinic acid, oxaliplatin, bevacizumab).
- Capecitabine may cause dizziness or nausea and so it is recommended not to drive or use heavy machinery immediately after taking it.
- Treatment with capecitabine need to be permanently discontinued in patients who experience a severe skin reaction.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and thereafter as recommended by the doctor.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and thereafter as recommended by the doctor. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
Special precautions for CAPXCEL 500MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Capxcel 500mg tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Capxcel 500mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be used in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
AVERY 300MG TABLET, EPSOLIN 50MG/2ML INJECTION, ACITROM 4MG TABLET, ACENOMAC 3MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for CAPXCEL 500MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Capecitabine
Q. Is capecitabine a generic/ effective/ FDA approved?
Yes, capecitabine is a generic. It is approved by the FDA. It is effective when taken for a condition at a dose for the duration prescribed by the doctor
Q. Is capecitabine an anthracycline?
No, capecitabine is not an anthracycline
Q. Is capecitabine cytotoxic?
No. Capecitabine is a cytostatic (stops the growth of cells) agent
Q. How is it administered?
It is administered as a tablet
Q. Where is capecitabine absorbed?
Capecitabine is quickly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract
Q. How is it metabolized?
It is metabolized in the liver and tumor tissue
Q. How quickly does capecitabine work?
Capecitabine works based on intensity and severity of cancer. Please ask the doctor how quickly it will work
Q. How long does it stay in the system?
Capecitabine and its metabolites stay in the system about two hours on an average
Q. Does capecitabine cause hair loss/ tiredness/ diarrhea or affect skin?
Capecitabine is known to have side effects like hair loss/ tiredness/ diarrhea and affects skin. Please inform the doctor about any side effects that you observe while on therapy.