Medicine Overview of Cantret Capsule
Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Vertigo, Drowsiness, Low blood platelets, Hallucination, Confusion, Uncoordinated body movements, Dizziness, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Depression.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Cantret 50mg Capsule is to be taken with food.
Cantret 50mg Capsule is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Cantret Capsule
- Altretamine may cause severe nerve damage. If you experience symptoms such as pain, burning, numbness, or tingling in the hands or feet, weakness in the arms or legs, loss of ability to move arms or legs, mood changes, loss of consciousness, contact your doctor immediately.
- You should take altretamine with food or milk and on the indicated days.
- Tell your doctor if you have bone marrow cancer, bone marrow depression, a history of low white blood cell count, liver problems, if you are receiving radiation, if you are taking any other medicines such as MAO inhibitors (eg, phenelzine) or pyridoxine.
- You should avoid contact with people who have colds or other infections as altretamine lowers resistance to infection. Do not touch your eyes or the inside of your nose unless you have thoroughly washed your hands first.
- Altretamine may reduce the number of blood cells needed for clotting. Therefore, prevent bleeding or avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur.
- You may need to undergo blood tests including platelet counts, to monitor treatment progress or to check for side effects.
- Use altretamine with caution in the elderly because they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially kidney function.
- Altretamine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years of age as safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
Cantret Capsule related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cantret 50mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Cantret 50mg Capsule during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
It is not known whether Cantret 50mg Capsule alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Cantret 50mg Capsule is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Cantret 50mg Capsule may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Cantret 50mg Capsule in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Cantret 50mg Capsule, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Cantret 50mg Capsule: LMS, TFP, SVH, JVN, BDN, KHH, SYN, BHP, RWP, UHP, LCC, USF, MDH, RHW, TNH, SHC, DFP, SBA, JBT, ZEL, RPI, SLN, MAK, KNH, PTI, GTC, SWT, KAL, TRP, RPP, AAY, PLT, NNP, SJP, MPC, OWP, IPL, FGH, SCH, NVY, BHM, PRN, NXG, SGC, DVH, NDP, QLF, ANP, RKS, SBL, BBN, CHP, GPP, SHD, PRT, KIS, ZPR, PPR, AVS, UBL, TOM, SMN, BLS, ANT, ABP, AAR, BBS, HAT, ESY, GBL, AGT, TSS, GHR, BMJ, NNH, BAL, MMS, RDH, HZF, HTS, EMB, ADT, MAM, HNP, KHC, RUS, HEX, LHA, MKT, HMP, KMC, BIO, 9MM, MDO, RSS, OHM, EQN, BSN, SGH, AWS, 4IT, MBP, AYU, BNA, VJS, BLP, JHC, CLT, DAO, IAD, DGN, DZY, HGI, PNT, MLC, SDM, PMA, SRG, SVS, ATL, BHA, THP, HSP, NVL, JIV, VNS, DLP, NAS, VRS, ZVP, DHP, ENP, NSL, BGS, SWA, SPD, PWN, GNC, RDR, BTM, HBV, WHL, DPP, EPS, RHL, SSA, RJH, ARD, JSL, HPC, MAP, BAP, EVP, SWP, DYG, AYM, PVP, GTK, MSD, PHN, BHS, STA, BLE, PEN, UMP, NTB, VDH, JVO, QTM, ATP, OLT, MAX, SAF, DPL, HIP, OIP, EAN, WSI, RSA, DHR, GPT, 9T9, AMR