Medicine Overview of Canesten Lotion
Uses of Canesten Lotion
Canesten 1% Lotion is used in the treatment of Fungal infections.
How to use Canesten Lotion
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly.
How Canesten Lotion works
Canesten 1% lotion stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Canesten Lotion
Expert advice for Canesten Lotion
- Do not use clotrimazole topical for vaginal infections if you are menstruating.
- Do not take clotrimazole pessary by mouth. Avoid direct contact of cream or drops with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not use tampons, vaginal douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products while using clotrimazole for vaginal infections.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse during treatment of vaginal infections.
- Do not use the vaginal tablets in children younger than 16 years.
- Tell your doctor if you have had two infections of fungal vaginitis in the last six months, history of sexually transmitted disease (STD) or exposed to a partner with STD, or have pregnancy or suspected pregnancy.
- Tell your doctor before using clotrimazole, if you have any of the following symptoms: irregular or abnormal vaginal bleeding, a blood-stained discharge, vulval or vaginal ulcers, blisters or sores, lower abdominal pain, fever or chills, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or foul smelling vaginal discharge.
- Seek immediate medical advice if symptoms do not relieve within a week of using vaginal cream or tablets, or infection recurs more than twice within six months.
- Patients allergic to clotrimazole or other imidazole antifungal medications or any of its ingredients.
- It should not given to patients who never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor.
- It should not take if patient is who have itching caused by a condition other than a yeast infection.
Special precautions for Canesten 1% Lotion
No interaction found
Canesten 1% Lotion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Canesten 1% Lotion is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Canesten 1% Lotion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Caneste+more
n 1% Lotion in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Canesten 1% Lotion
Frequently asked questions for Clotrimazole Topical
Q. Is clotrimazole a steroid?
Clotrimazole is an imidazole antifungal medication and not a steroid.
User Submitted Feedback For Canesten 1% Lotion
Patients taking Canesten 1% Lotion
Once A Day
Four Times A Day
Substitutes for Canesten Lotion
Surfaz 1% Topical Solution
Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹3.37/ml of Solution
Candid 1% Lotion
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹4.55/ml of Lotion
Clotrin 1% Paint
₹7.13/ml of Paint
Canazole 1% Lotion
₹0.9/ml of Lotion
Cezel 1% Lotion
Swiss Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹2.41/ml of Lotion