food interaction for CANDELONG H
alcohol interaction for CANDELONG H
pregnancy interaction for CANDELONG H
lactation interaction for CANDELONG H
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CANDELONG H
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CANDELONG HNo substitutes found
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for CANDELONG H
- Candesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Candesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Candesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Candesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for CANDELONG H
Q.Is Candesartan an ACE inhibitor/ a beta blocker/ calcium channel blocker/ alpha blocker/ blood thinner?
Candesartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist
Q.Is candesartan safe?
Candesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is candesartan the same as atacand?
No. Actacand is a prodrug containing Candesartan cilexetil which gets hydrolysed to candesartan before absorption in body
Q.Is candesartan / Candesartan cilexetil a statin?
No. Candesartan is not a statin
Q.Can I take ibuprofen/ paracetamol with Candesartan / Candesartan cilexetil?
Yes. However, you may require close monitoring by your treating doctor
Q.Can I take viagra with candesartan?
Yes. However, viagra may add up the blood pressure lowering effect of candesartan. Always consult your doctor before taking the combination
Q.Can I take aspirin with candesartan?
Yes. However, aspirin reduces the blood pressure lowering effect of candesartan and also prolonged combination use may affect your kidney function. You must consult your doctor prior to taking this combination
Q.Can I take diclofenac with candesartan?
Yes. However, diclofenac reduces the blood pressure lowering effect of candesartan and also prolonged combination use may affect your kidney function. You must consult your doctor prior to taking this combination
Q.Can I take lemsip with candesartan?
Yes. You can take lemsip (Paracetamol) with candesartan. However, always consult your doctor before taking any combination
Q.Does candesartan cause headaches/ hair loss/ weight gain/ erectile dysfunction/ constipation/ tinnitus/ cancer?
Yes. Candesartan use may cause headache. However it is not known to cause hair loss, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, insomnia, constipation, tinnitus or cancer. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Does candesartan make you tired?
The use of Candesartan may rarely make you tired
Q.Does candesartan work?
Yes. Candesartan works if used at prescribed does for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q.Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.