food interaction for CALURAN CP
alcohol interaction for CALURAN CP
pregnancy interaction for CALURAN CP
lactation interaction for CALURAN CP
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CALURAN CP
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CALURAN CP 50 MG TABLET
Patients taking CALURAN CP 50 MG TABLET
- 97%Once A Day
- 3%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CALURAN CP
- CALUTIDE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 45.35/tabletRs. 453.50pay 40% more per tablet
- CASODEX 50 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Astra ZenecaRs. 1770.83/tabletRs. 12395.80pay 5382% more per tablet
- ANDROBLOK 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 41/tabletRs. 410pay 27% more per tablet
- UTAMIDE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 35.80/tabletRs. 358pay 11% more per tablet
- CALURAN 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 54.70/tabletRs. 547pay 69% more per tablet
Expert advice for CALURAN CP
- Before taking bicalutamide, tell your doctor if you have any liver disease.
- Bicalutamide may cause serious liver dysfunction (with symptoms of abdominal pain, anorexia, dark urine, fatigue, jaundice, nausea, vomiting). Stop taking Bicalutamide and call your doctor if you experience any such symptoms.
- If you have an objective progression of disease together with elevated PSA, seek immediate medical advice, as you may have to stop bicalutamide treatment.
- You should not take this medicine if you have rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Take precautions as you may occasionally feel sleepy while on bicalutamide therapy.
- Avoid direct exposure to excessive sunlight or UV-light while you are taking bicalutamide.
- Do not drink alcohol while on bicalutamide treatment as it may worsen the side effects of this medication.
Frequently asked questions for CALURAN CP
Q.Is Bicailutamide a chemotherapy drug?
No. Bicailutamide is not a chemotherapy drug
Q.Is bicalutamide a hormone/Lower PSA Levels?
Bicalutamide is not a hormone however due to its anti-androgen properties, it lowers PSA.