food interaction for CALCISPRAY
alcohol interaction for CALCISPRAY
pregnancy interaction for CALCISPRAY
lactation interaction for CALCISPRAY
medicine interaction for CALCISPRAY
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CALCISPRAY
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR CALCISPRAY 200IU NASAL SPRAY
Patients taking CALCISPRAY 200IU NASAL SPRAY
- 97%Once A Day
- 3%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR CALCISPRAY
- GEMCAL 200IU NASAL SPRAY(3.7 ML nasal spray in packet)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 389.46/ML of nasal sprayRs. 1441pay 1239% more per ML of nasal spray
- GEMITROL NS 200IU NASAL SPRAY(3.7 ML nasal spray in packet)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 378.38/ML of nasal sprayRs. 1400pay 1201% more per ML of nasal spray
- BMDRISE 200IU NASAL SPRAY(60 ML nasal spray in packet)Emenox HealthcareRs. 25/ML of nasal sprayRs. 1500save 14% more per ML of nasal spray
- KALNASE NASAL SPRAY(1 ML nasal spray in packet)Virchow Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 950/ML of nasal sprayRs. 950pay 3166% more per ML of nasal spray
- GEMITROL NS 200IU NASAL SPRAY(6 ML nasal spray in packet)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 233.33/ML of nasal sprayRs. 1400pay 702% more per ML of nasal spray
Expert advice FOR CALCISPRAY
- Do not take calcitonin if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to calcitonin or to any of the other ingredients of this medicines.
- Avoid using calcitonin in condition such as low levels of calcium in blood (hypocalcemia).
- Calcitonin is not recommended in children under 18 years of age.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines, if you feel dizzy, tired, have a headache or get disturbed vision after taking calcitonin.
- Long term treatment with calcitonin for osteoporosis and osteoarthritis have shown an increase in the risk of cancer in clinical trials.
- Calcitonin is recommended to be taken at bedtime to reduce the side effects like urge to vomit (nausea) and vomiting that are generally experienced at the beginning of the treatment.
Frequently asked questions FOR CALCISPRAY
Q. Is calcitonin a steroid hormone/ peptide hormone/ bisphosphonate/ thyroid hormone?
Calcitonin is not a steroid hormone/ peptide hormone/ bisphosphonate. However, calcitonin occurs naturally in the body. It is also available as a man-made polypeptide hormone
Q. Is calcitonin lipid soluble/ hydrophilic/ water soluble?
Calcitonin is a hydrophilic, water soluble hormone
Q. Is calcitonin effective for osteoporosis?
Calcitonin is a naturally occurring thyroid hormone which is used to prevent and to treat thinning and weakening of the bone (osteoporosis) in post-menopausal women
Q. Does calcitonin stimulate osteoclasts?
Osteoclast is a type of bone cell which carry out dissolution and absorption of bone. Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone secreted by thyroid gland in the body, which stops the activity of osteoclasts, thereby stops bone removal by the osteoclasts
Q. Does calcitonin stimulate/ inhibit osteoblast activity/ stimulate bone growth?
Osteoblast is a type of bone cell which carry out bone formation. Whether calcitonin stimulates or promotes the bone formation or resorption by the osteoblasts is uncertain
Q. Does calcitonin cause cancer?
Long term treatment with calcitonin for osteoporosis and osteoarthritis has shown an increase in the risk of cancer in clinical trials
Q. Does calcitonin increases calcium levels?
Calcitonin does not increase calcium levels. It is a naturally occurring hormone secreted by the thyroid gland in the body, which is used to reduce high calcium levels in the blood (hypercalcemia) due to cancer
Q. Does calcitonin decreases phosphate?
Yes, calcitonin decreases phosphate resorption by direct action on the kidney.