food interaction for CALBLOC
alcohol interaction for CALBLOC
pregnancy interaction for CALBLOC
lactation interaction for CALBLOC
medicine interaction for CALBLOC
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CALBLOC
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CALBLOC
- DEPIN 5 MG CAPSULE(50 capsules in packet)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.07/capsuleRs. 53.30save 46% more per capsule
- CALCIGARD 5 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.08/capsuleRs. 10.80save 46% more per capsule
- NICARDIA 5 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1/capsuleRs. 9.97save 50% more per capsule
- DEPICOR 5 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Merck LtdRs. 0.96/capsuleRs. 9.60save 52% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR CALBLOC
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Nifedipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Nifedipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Nifedipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Nifedipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions FOR CALBLOC
Q. Is nifedipine safe?
Nifedipine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Is Nifedipine a nitrate/beta-blocker/ACE inhibitor/tocolytic?
No. Nifedipine is not a nitrate, beta-blocker, or an ACE inhibitor. It is a calcium channel blocker
Q. What is Calcigard/Nicardia/Dipin used for?
Calcigard, Nicardia, Dipin are examples of a few brands containing nifedipine and used for treating high blood pressure, chest-pain and Reynaud's phenomenon
Q. Can I take aspirin/Tylenol/Benadryl/Viagra/ Tums/Sudafed with nifedipine?
Nifedipine can be taken with Tylenol (paracetamol), Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) and Benadryl. Taking Viagra (sildenafil) may increase the blood pressure lowering effect of nifedipine. Taking aspirin may increase the blood pressure. Tums (calcium carbonate) may decrease the effect of nifedipine. Consult your doctor before use
Q. Does nifedipine cause migraine/constipation/insomnia/bradycardia/cough/weight gain/urination/changes in heart rate?
Nifedipine may cause migraine, constipation, insomnia or bardycardia (slow heart rate). There is no evidence of nifedipine causing cough or weight changes. If you notice such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Is nifedipine a narcotic or tocolytic?
No. Nifedipine is a non-narcotic/ uncontrolled/nonaddictive drug. Nifedipine is used as tocolytic (to delay preterm birth).