food interaction for C FLOX
alcohol interaction for C FLOX
pregnancy interaction for C FLOX
lactation interaction for C FLOX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for C FLOX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for C FLOX
- CIPROX 200MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Claris Lifesciences LtdRs. 0.14/ML of infusionRs. 14.37save 78% more per ML of infusion
- BIOCIP 200 MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 0.20/ML of infusionRs. 19.60save 70% more per ML of infusion
- STROX 200MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.16/ML of infusionRs. 15.62save 76% more per ML of infusion
- CIPRODAC 200 MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.12/ML of infusionRs. 12.50save 81% more per ML of infusion
- CIPROFLOXACIN USP 200MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Albert David LtdRs. 0.12/ML of infusionRs. 11.67save 82% more per ML of infusion
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for C FLOX
- Do not eat or drink any dairy products (such as milk or yogurt) or drinks with added calcium (e.g. calcium-fortified orange juice) when you take the tablets. You should take your tablets 1-2 hours before or at least 4 hours after such products.
- Do not drive because you may feel less alert while being treated with ciprofloxacin.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight, or artificial UV light such as sunbeds when taking ciprofloxacin.
- Stop taking this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in any of your joints.
Frequently asked questions for C FLOX
Q.Can I take ciprofloxacin for strep or sore throat; flu, cold, tooth infection, or yeast infection?
Ciprofloxacin is generally not a best option for strep or sore throat, flu and cold; and it is not used for tooth infection, or yeast infection. Always consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Can I take ciprofloxacin with pantoprazole, metronidazole, or amoxicillin?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with metronidazole, and pantoprazole. Generally ciprofloxacin is not given along with amoxicillin as both are different drugs with similar action. Please consult your doctor before changing the medication
Q.Can I take ciprofloxacin with Tylenol (paracetamol), or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine)?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with Tylenol (paracetamol), or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine)
Q.Can I take ciprofloxacin with birth control pills or does it affect birth control?
Yes, you can take ciprofloxacin with birth control pills. It does not affect birth control.
Q.Is ciprofloxacin safe/ banned?
Ciprofloxacin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is ciprofloxacin sulfa based/ a penicillin?
No. Ciprofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha.