food interaction for BUDETROL
alcohol interaction for BUDETROL
pregnancy interaction for BUDETROL
lactation interaction for BUDETROL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BUDETROL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for BUDETROL 6MCG/200MCG ROTACAP
Patients taking BUDETROL 6MCG/200MCG ROTACAP
- 63%Twice A Day
- 38%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for BUDETROL
- FORACORT 200 ROTACAP(30 rotacaps in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 5.83/rotacapRs. 175pay 7% more per rotacap
- SYMBIVA 6 MCG/200 MCG OCTACAP(30 rotacap in packet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.22/rotacapRs. 156.50save 5% more per rotacap
- QUIKHALE FB 6MCG/200MCG ROTACAP(40 rotacaps in packet)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.88/rotacapRs. 155save 29% more per rotacap
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for BUDETROL
- Do not use formoterol inhalation to treat an asthma attack that has already begun.
- Do not use this drug, if you are allergic to formoterol.
- Never place a capsule in the mouthpiece of the inhaler.
- Consult your doctor before taking formoterol, If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- It should be taken as an inhaler or nebulizer after clearly following instructions of the doctor and the instructions given in the patient information leaflet in the medication box.
Frequently asked questions for BUDETROL
Q.Is formoterol a steroid?
Formoterol belongs to a class of medication called long acting beta agonists. It is not a steroid; however it is available in combination with steroids as an inhaler
Q.How long does it take to work and how long does it stay in the body?
Formoterol works best if taken before exercising or heavy work and another dose should not be taken in the next 12 hours. It is a long acting drug which is known to be effective for 12 hours in the body
Q.How does formoterol work?
Formoterol belongs to a class of medication called long acting beta agonists. It helps in relaxing the muscles of the air passages, thus widening it and making it easier to breathe
Q.What form does formoterol come in?
Formoterol comes as a powder filled capsule for inhaler and a solution for nebulizer use
Q.What is formoterol fumarate/formoterol fumarate dihydrate/formoterol and budesonide/formoterol and advair?
Formoterol fumarate and formoterol fumerate dihydrate are different formulations of formoterol. Budesonide is a steroid which may be prescribed by the doctor along with formoterol. Advair is another long acting beta agonist which is the brand name for salmeterol and fluticasone
Q.Is formoterol safe?
Formoterol is safe when taken as per the directions of the doctor
Q.is formoterol banned?
Formoterol is not banned
Q.Does formoterol cause weight gain?
There are no studies showing that formoterol causes weight gain
Q.Does formoterol cause death/asthma-related death?
Formoterol may increase risk of asthma-related death. It depends on the condition and co-morbidities and is individual response.
Q.Does budesonide inhaler contain steroids?
Yes. Budesonide inhaler is a steroid drug used mainly to control an asthma attack
Q.Is budesonide safe?
Yes. Budesonide is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor
Q.Is budesonide same as Pulmicort?
Yes. Pulmicort is a brand name of budesonide
Q.Are budesonide and albuterol same?
No. Budesonide is different from albuterol which is a beta-receptor agonist drug. Both are usedto treat asthma
Q.Can I take ibuprofen/prednisolone/Benadryl with budesonide?
Budesonide can be taken with ibuprofen or Benadryl only if advised by your doctor. Prednisolone is another steroid medication and generally not taken along with other steroid like budesonide, so it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking prednisolone with budesonide
Q.Does budesonide cause weight loss/weight gain/hair loss/hyperactivity?
Budesonide may cause weight gain but not weight loss, hyperactivity or hair loss and increased hair growth on face. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Does budesonide cure cough?
Budesonide can cure cough related to asthma or allergic diseases of nose, throat or chest
Q.Does it help in croup?
It is not used for croup
Q.Is budesonide safe for infants?
It is advisable to consult your doctor before giving budesonide to an infant or child.