Bosentas 125mg Tablet
Primarily used for
Medicine Overview of Bosentas Tablet
Uses of Bosentas Tablet
Side effects of Bosentas Tablet
Headache, Increased liver enzymes, Edema, Allergic reaction, Gastro-esophageal reflux disease, Diarrhoea, Anemia, Decreased blood pressure, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Respiratory tract infection.
How to use Bosentas Tablet
How Bosentas Tablet works
In Depth Information on Bosentas Tablet
Expert advice for Bosentas Tablet
- Bosentan controls the symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension but does not cure it. It may take 1-2 months or longer before you experience the full benefit of bosentan.
- Do not stop taking bosentan suddenly even if you feel well as this may worsen your symptoms.
- You may have to undergo regular blood test every month during the treatment to check for anemia (low hemoglobin) and liver function.
- Do not drive or operate any tools or machines while using bosentan, as it may cause dizziness affecting your ability to drive and use machines.
- While taking bosentan, women must use a highly effective form of birth control or two methods together (example, contraceptive pills plus barrier method) to prevent pregnancy during treatment.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution to be advised in patients with severe impaired renal function.