Medicine Overview of Boric Acid Dusting Powder
Uses of Boric Acid Dusting Powder
Boric Acid Dusting Powder is used to prevent infections.
Side effects of Boric Acid Dusting Powder
Increased liver enzymes, Abdominal pain, Allergic reaction, Burning sensation, Irritation, Cns stimulation, Central nervous system depression, Diarrhoea, Rash, Vomiting.
How to use Boric Acid Dusting Powder
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area before application and do not rub.
How Boric Acid Dusting Powder works
Boric acid belongs to class of drugs called antiseptics. It can weakly inhibit bacterial and fungal growth. It irrigates the eyes, cleanses, refreshes and soothes the irritated eyes; and help in removal of loose foreign material, air pollutants or chlorinated water..
In Depth Information on Boric Acid Dusting Powder
Expert advice for Boric Acid Dusting Powder
- Avoid using boric acid for jock itch/groin itch for more than 2 week and athlete's foot or ringworm for more than 4 week.
- Do not use boric acid along with other eye medication containing polyvinyl alcohol.
- Avoid using this medication if you have any open wound or other skin injury around your eyes.
- Boric acid is a weak antibiotic and should not be used to treat any type of infection without the advice of a doctor. There are many other, more effective antibiotics available.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Boric Acid Dusting Powder
No interaction found
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Boric Acid Dusting+more
Powder during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
It is not known whether Boric Acid Dusting Powder alters the+more
ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Boric A+more
cid Dusting Powder in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Boric Acid, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Substitutes for Boric Acid
No substitutes found for this medicine