food interaction for BONOTIODE
alcohol interaction for BONOTIODE
pregnancy interaction for BONOTIODE
lactation interaction for BONOTIODE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR BONOTIODE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR BONOTIODENo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR BONOTIODE
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney problems or kidney stones; continuous nausea, constipation, lack of energy or muscle weakness as this might be a sign of excess calcium in your body.
- Inform your doctor if you get pregnant while on therapy with teriparatide. Use appropriate method of contraception while taking this therapy.
- It is advisable to eat food which is rich in vitamin D and calcium while on therapy with teriparatide. If dietary intake is inadequate, patients should receive calcium and vitamin D supplements.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as teriparatide may cause dizziness.
- Teriparatide is not recommended in children and adolescents (below 18 years of age) or in or young adults with open epiphyses (epiphysis is the end of a long bone).
- Teriparatide should not be used for more than 2 years during the lifetime.
Frequently asked questions FOR BONOTIODE
Q. Is teriparatide a steroid?
Teriparatide is not a steroid
Q. What is teriparatide forteo/ teriparatide acetate?
Teriparatide forteo is the used for osteoporosis. Teriparatide acetate is a different medication which is used for some different indication.