food interaction for BLUCLOX P
alcohol interaction for BLUCLOX P
pregnancy interaction for BLUCLOX P
lactation interaction for BLUCLOX P
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR BLUCLOX P
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR BLUCLOX P
- MEGAPEN KID TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.59/tabletRs. 15.90pay 6% more per tablet
- AMPOXIN KID 125 MG/125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 2.19/tabletRs. 21.85pay 46% more per tablet
- CLAMP KT 125 MG/125 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Dr. Johns Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 6.29/tabletRs. 94.31pay 321% more per tablet
- BROADICLOX KID 125MG/125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 1.30/tabletRs. 12.98save 13% more per tablet
- AMPICLOXIN KID 125 MG/125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ornate Labs Pvt LtdRs. 2.67/tabletRs. 26.75pay 79% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR BLUCLOX P
- Do not take ampicillin with food or milk.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ampicillin, penicillin, cephalosporin, any other antibiotic of this class or any other ingredient of suspension/capsule.
- Do not start or continue the ampicillin suspension/capsule and consult your doctor if you suffer from liver problems ar diabetes.
Frequently asked questions FOR BLUCLOX P
Q. Is ampicillin/Megapen a prodrug?
No, ampicillin is not a prodrug
Q. Is ampicillin and amoxicillin the same?
Ampicillin and amoxicillin belongs to the same group of penicillin antibiotics, but differ slightly in their uses
Q. Is ampicillin a cephalosporin?
Ampicillin is not a cephalosporin
Q. Is ampicillin light-sensitive?
Yes, ampicillin is light sensitive it should be kept away from sunlight
Q. Can I take ampicillin for strep throat, tooth infection, sore throat, chlamydial and bacterial vaginitis?
Ampicillin can be used to treat strep throat, tooth infection, sore throat, bacterial vaginitis
Q. Does ampicillin cover anaerobes, listeria?
Ampicillin is used for infections caused by anaerobes and listeria. It is not typically used to treat chlamydia
Q. Can I take ampicillin with Advil (ibuprofen), Tylenol (paracetamol) and Benadryl?
Ampicillin can be taken with paracetamol and Benadryl. Ampicillin when taken with ibuprofen may increase the effects of either drug.
Q. Is cloxacillin a penicillin/antibiotic?
Cloxacillin belongs to a class of medication called penicillin antibiotics. It does not contain penicillin but is structurally similar to it. It is is used to treat bacterial infections in the body affecting the ear, nose, throat, lungs (pneumonia), skin and skin structure infections, urinary bladder infection (cystitis), infection of the valves of the heart, bone infections, especially those caused by the resistant staphylococcus bacteria
Q. What does it treat?
It is also used to treat leprosy and lepra-reaction seen in leprosy, and to prevent infection during surgery
Q. Is cloxacillin the same as amoxicillin?
Cloxacillin is not the same as amoxicillin, but they belong to the same class of medication called penicillin antibiotics
Q. Is cloxacillin used for treating tonsillitis/ boils/acne/chlamydia/streptococcus infections?
Cloxacillin is not commonly used to treat tonsillitis/boils/acne/chlamydia. It may be used to treat streptococcus infections but is more commonly used for staphylococcus infections
Q. Does cloxacillin cause weight gain or sleepiness?
These are no studies showing any relation between weight gain, sleepiness and cloxacillin use
Q. Does it affect menstruation?
It is not known to affect menstruation
Q. Can I take Advil (ibuprofen)/ Tylenol (paracetamol) with cloxacillin?
There are no known interactions between cloxacillin and Advil (ibuprofen)/ Tylenol (paracetamol). But doctor's advice should be followed about taking both the medications together
Q. Is cloxacillin safe for G6PD?
Yes, cloxacillin can be safely used in patients who have deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD)
Q. Does cloxacillin expire?
Cloxacillin has an expiry date, beyond which it should not be consumed. Please refer to the pack or package insert for the expiry date.