food interaction for BLOMIN
alcohol interaction for BLOMIN
pregnancy interaction for BLOMIN
lactation interaction for BLOMIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BLOMIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BLOMIN
- BLEOCHEM 15IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 687.74/injectionRs. 687.74save 19% more per injection
- BLEOCIP 15IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 694.33/injectionRs. 694.33save 18% more per injection
- BLEOCEL 15IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 364.28/ML of injectionRs. 364.28save 57% more per ML of injection
- ONCOBLEO 15IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1039.28/injectionRs. 1039.28pay 22% more per injection
Expert advice for BLOMIN
- Inform your doctor before taking bleomycin if you have severe heart disease, kidney problems, lung problems requiring use of oxygen, impaired liver function, and chicken pox or if you are about to undergo a surgery.
- Inform your doctor before taking bleomycin if you are taking other anticancer/cytotoxic drugs such as vinca alkaloids or cisplatin, drugs such as clozapine or if you have received radiation in the chest area.
- Seek immediate medical advice if you develop dry cough, breathlessness, rapid breathing or any other lung problems.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it may make you feel weak or tired.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for BLOMIN
Q.What does bleomycin treat?
Bleomycin is used to treat squamous cell cancers, certain types of blood cancers, skin cancers and cancer of the thyroid, bladder, lungs, abdomen or genitals
Q.Does bleomycin cause pulmonary fibrosis, nausea or hair loss?
Yes. Bleomycin may cause pulmonary fibrosis, nausea and hair loss. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.How does bleomycin cause pulmonary fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis (scarring of the tissue of the lungs) is one of the side effects of bleomycin. It is reportedly caused by lack of an enzyme that metabolises bleomycin in the lungs.