food interaction for BIOMYCIN
alcohol interaction for BIOMYCIN
pregnancy interaction for BIOMYCIN
lactation interaction for BIOMYCIN
medicine interaction for BIOMYCIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR BIOMYCIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR BIOMYCIN
- ALTHROCIN 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.29/tabletRs. 32.90save 30% more per tablet
- ERYTHROCIN 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 2.83/tabletRs. 28.32save 40% more per tablet
- ERYPAL 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.31/tabletRs. 23.12save 51% more per tablet
- ELTOCIN 250 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 3.01/tabletRs. 45.09save 36% more per tablet
- E MYCIN 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 3.10/tabletRs. 30.98save 34% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR BIOMYCIN
- If you are allergic to erythromycin or any other ingredient of the tablet/capsule/suspension.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you have liver or heart problem or suffer from myasthenia gravis.
- If you are taking medicines for any allergic condition, migraine, raised bad lipids in your blood, drugs for mental illness, epilepsy or heart failure.
Frequently asked questions FOR BIOMYCIN
Q. Is erythromycin/althrocin/erythrocin/erycin an antibiotic?
Erythromycin belongs to class of medications called macrolide antibiotics
Q. Is it penicillin?
Erythromycin is not penicillin
Q. Does erythromycin have sulfa in it?
Erythromycin does not contain sulfa
Q. Is erythromycin used for sinus infection, pink eye, strep throat, UTI, bladder infection, tooth infection, ear infection, chest infection or tonsillitis?
Erythromycin can be used to treat sinus infection, pink eye, strep throat, UTI, bladder infection, tooth infection, ear infection, chest infection or tonsillitis. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is erythromycin and azithromycin the same?
Erythromycin and azithromycin belongs to same class of drugs, however they differ in their some of the indications
Q. Is erythromycin safe?
Erythromycin is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is erythromycin over the counter drug?
Erythromycin is not an over the counter drug. It is a prescription drug
Q. Can I take erythromycin with paracetamol, ibuprofen, methotrexate or vitamins?
Interaction is not observed, when erythromycin is taken with paracetamol, ibuprofen and vitamins however do consult your doctor before use. Drug interaction may occur when methotrexate is taken with erythromycin
Q. Does erythromycin cause gas, weight gain, and drowsiness?
Erythromycin may cause gas, weight gain and drowsiness.