food interaction for BIOGARACIN
alcohol interaction for BIOGARACIN
pregnancy interaction for BIOGARACIN
lactation interaction for BIOGARACIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BIOGARACIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BIOGARACIN
- ZENOTIC KIT 20MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Shreya Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 7.96/ML of injectionRs. 7.96pay 355% more per ML of injection
- GENTASPORIN 20MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)PCI PharmaceuticalsRs. 3.10/ML of injectionRs. 6.21pay 77% more per ML of injection
- GENSTER 20MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Sterkem Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 3.94/ML of injectionRs. 7.88pay 125% more per ML of injection
- MERIGENTA 20 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Mercury Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 3.40/ML of injectionRs. 6.81pay 95% more per ML of injection
- GENTA SWIFT 20MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 3.58/ML of injectionRs. 7.16pay 105% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for BIOGARACIN
- If you have inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), kidney or liver problem, open wound or damaged skin.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you experience itching, skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, throat or difficulty in breathing.
Frequently asked questions for BIOGARACIN
Q.Is gentamicin a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q.Is gentamicin nephrotoxic?
Yes, gentamicin is a nephrotoxic drug. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is gentamicin safe for babies?
Gentamicin is safe for babies if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does gentamicin cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes
Q.Is gentamicin used for pink eye?
Yes, gentamicin is used in the treatment of pink eye (conjunctivitis). Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does gentamicin dialyze out?
Yes, gentamicin is a dialyzable drug
Q.What organisms does gentamicin cover?
Gentamicin is mainly effective against pseudomonas, escherichia, enterobacter, klebsiella, staphylococcus, salmonella, serratia, and shigella species but rarely effective against streptococci and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa)
Q.Does it cover anaerobes?
It does not act against anaerobes.