food interaction for BIMAT T
alcohol interaction for BIMAT T
pregnancy interaction for BIMAT T
lactation interaction for BIMAT T
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BIMAT T
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for BIMAT T 0.03% W/V/0.5% W/V EYE DROP
Patients taking BIMAT T 0.03% W/V/0.5% W/V EYE DROP
- 80%Once A Day
- 20%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for BIMAT T
- GANFORT EYE DROP(3 ML eye drop in packet)Allergan India Pvt LtdRs. 256.30/ML of eye dropRs. 768.89pay 215% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
Expert advice for BIMAT T
- Your sight may become blurred for a short time just after using bimatoprost. You should not drive or use machines until your sight is clear again.
- Do not use the drops when you are wearing contact lenses. Use your contact lenses 15 minutes after instilling bimatoprost eye drops.
- Bimatoprost may cause your eyelashes to darken and grow longer, and also cause the skin around the eyelid to darken. The color of your iris (a black circular portion in the eye) may also go darker over time. These changes may be permanent and may be more noticeable if you are treating only one eye.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you are using another topical eye medication, administer it at least 5 minutes before or after using bimatoprost eye drops.
Frequently asked questions for BIMAT T
Q.Is bimatoprost the same as latisse/Lumigan/latanoprost?
Bimatoprost is same as Lattise and Lumigan and not Latanoprost
Q.Is bimatoprost generic, safe and FDA approved?
Yes, bimatoprost is generic, safe and FDA approved
Q.Is bimatoprost a beta blocker?
Bimatoprost is not a beta blocker
Q.Does bimatoprost grow/regrow hair/eyebrows/eyelashes?
Yes, bimatoprost can grow/regrow hair, eyebrows or eyelashes.
Q.Is timolol a beta blocker/selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic?
Timolol is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
Q.Is timolol preservative free?
The timolol eye drop is preservative fre
Q.Is timolol the same as timoptic or cosopt?
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing timolol
Q.Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Q.Does timolol lower blood pressure?
Timolol is used to lower blood pressure
Q.Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q.Does timolol cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timolol does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.