food interaction for BIGOMET
alcohol interaction for BIGOMET
pregnancy interaction for BIGOMET
lactation interaction for BIGOMET
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BIGOMET
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for BIGOMET 850 MG TABLET
Patients taking BIGOMET 850 MG TABLET
- 70%Once A Day
- 30%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for BIGOMET
- GLYCOMET 850 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 2.75/tabletRs. 27.50pay 87% more per tablet
- GLYCIPHAGE 850 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.91/tabletRs. 19.10pay 30% more per tablet
- EXERMET 850 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 3.40/tabletRs. 34pay 131% more per tablet
- RIOMET OD 850 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 3.80/tabletRs. 38pay 159% more per tablet
- GLUFORMIN 850 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 2.50/tabletRs. 25pay 70% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for BIGOMET
- Take the medicine with food to avoid upset stomach.
- Check your blood sugar regularly.
- Do not take metformin in severe diarrhoea or vomiting, or when starting antihypertensive or diuretic therapy or therapy with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- This medication may cause lactic acidosis (a build-up of lactic acid in the body, which can be fatal).
- Lactic acidosis can start slowly and get worse over time.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have even mild symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as:muscle pain or weakness,numb or cold arms and legs,trouble breathing,feeling dizzy, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, slow heart rate.
- Do not take metformin if you need to have any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye
- You need to get certain kidney function tests done before starting treatment with metformin and regularly thereafter.
- Be careful when taking this drug in combination with insulin or other oral antidiabetics, as it may lead to low blood glucose level (hypoglycemia).
Frequently asked questions for BIGOMET
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.