food interaction for BIDURET
alcohol interaction for BIDURET
pregnancy interaction for BIDURET
lactation interaction for BIDURET
Taking Hydrochlorothiazide with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BIDURET
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for BIDURET L 2.5 MG/25 MG TABLET
Patients taking BIDURET L 2.5 MG/25 MG TABLET
- 96%Once A Day
- 4%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for BIDURETNo substitutes found
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for BIDURET
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from/have a history of difficulty in breathing, diabetes/heart/liver disease, abnormal levels of salts (electrolytes) in blood, increased blood urea levels, increased levels of acid in blood (acidosis).
- Do not take potassium supplements along with amiloride, it can cause severe hyperkalaemia.
- Amiloride may interfere with the results of glucose tolerance test. Talk to your doctor about instructions on use of this medicine before undergoing the test.
- Tell your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Do not use high salt diet while on amiloride treatment.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as amiloride can cause dizziness.
Frequently asked questions for BIDURET
Q.Is amiloride a sulfa drug/contain sulfa?
No. Amiloride is not a sulfa drug (does not belong to sulfonamide group of medicines)
Q.Is amiloride the same as amlodipine?
No. Amiloride and amlodipine are two different drugs and are used for treatment of different illnesses. Consult your doctor before administering any of these drugs
Q.Is amiloride a loop diuretic/beta blocker/aldosterone antagonist/thiazide?
No. Amiloride is not a loop diuretic / a beta blocker or aldosterone antagonist. Neither does it belong to the ‘thiazide' group of medicines. It is a potassium–sparing diuretic
Q.Is amiloride a generic?
Yes, amiloride is a generic name of the medicine that belongs to class of drug called as diuretics
Q.Does amiloride cause gout?
Increase in blood uric acid levels is known side effect of amiloride, which can occasionally lead to gout attacks. Consult a doctor if you observe any symptoms related to gout after taking this medicine
Q.Does amiloride cause hair loss/acidosis?
Hair loss/acidosis is a known side effect of amiloride
Q.How does amiloride cause hyperkalemia/does it cause hyponatremia?
Amiloride has potassium conserving ability and hence may cause hyperkalemia. It prevents absorption and promotes the loss of sodium from the body and hence may cause hyponatremia
Q.Does amiloride cause gynecomastia/weight gain?
Amiloride is not known to cause gynecomastia or weight gain. Please consult your doctor if you observe such symptoms after taking this medicine.
Q.Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.