food interaction for BETAVERT
alcohol interaction for BETAVERT
pregnancy interaction for BETAVERT
lactation interaction for BETAVERT
medicine interaction for BETAVERT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR BETAVERT
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR BETAVERT 24 MG TABLET
Patients taking BETAVERT 24 MG TABLET
- 55%Twice A Day
- 34%Once A Day
- 11%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR BETAVERT
- VERTIN 24 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 16/tabletRs. 160pay 24% more per tablet
- BETAVERT OD 24MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14.50/tabletRs. 145pay 12% more per tablet
- VERTIN OD 24 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 18.93/tabletRs. 132.50pay 47% more per tablet
- B STILL 24 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 14.30/tabletRs. 143pay 11% more per tablet
- ZEVERT MD 24MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.80/tabletRs. 138pay 7% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR BETAVERT
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to betahistine or any of the other ingredients of betahistine tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you have intolerance to some sugars like lactose.
Frequently asked questions FOR BETAVERT
Q. Is betahistine FDA approved?
No, betahistine is not approved by FDA
Q. Is betahistine/betahistine dihydrochloride an antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid/addictive?
No, it belongs to the group of medicines called histamine analogues. It is not antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid and it is not an addictive drug
Q. Is betahistine available over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q. Is betahistine used for vertigo/tinnitus?
Yes, it is used for vertigo, tinnitus. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. How long can I take betahistine for?
Patient should take betahistine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q. Can I take betahistine with antihistamine/ cinnarizine/citalopram/amitryptyline/cetirizine/ paracetamol/ibuprofen/prochlorperazine?
No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of betahistine. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. Does betahistine make you sleepy/cause drowsiness/ weight gain?
Betahistine causing drowsiness is among common side effects. Weight gain may be observed rarely. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.