food interaction for BETAKIND
alcohol interaction for BETAKIND
pregnancy interaction for BETAKIND
lactation interaction for BETAKIND
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BETAKIND
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for BETAKIND 2% W/V GARGLE
Patients taking BETAKIND 2% W/V GARGLE
- 84%Once A Day
- 11%Thrice A Day
- 5%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for BETAKIND
- WOKADINE SORE THROAT 2% W/V GARGLE(30 ML gargle in bottle)Wockhardt LtdRs. 1.63/ML of gargleRs. 49pay 14% more per ML of gargle
- BETASEPTIC 2% W/V GARGLE MINT(50 ML gargle in bottle)Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 1.23/ML of gargleRs. 61.50save 14% more per ML of gargle
- BETADINE 2%W/V GARGLE MINT(50 ML gargle in bottle)Win-Medicare Pvt LtdRs. 1.81/ML of gargleRs. 90.50pay 27% more per ML of gargle
- BETADINE 2%W/V GARGLE MINT(100 ML gargle in bottle)Win-Medicare Pvt LtdRs. 1.49/ML of gargleRs. 149pay 4% more per ML of gargle
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Parul SharmaMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
Expert advice for BETAKIND
- Apply a small amount of povidone iodine solution to the affected area after cleaning it properly.
- The affected area can be left uncovered or covered with a sterile bandage.
- If you experience a skin rash, hives, or itching, or any other unusual reaction after using this product, discontinue use and contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Povidone iodine cutaneous spray powder is meant for external application and should not be instilled in eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not use the povidone iodine solution on large parts of the body for more than a week unless advised by your doctor.
- Seek doctor’s advice before use if injuries are deep or puncture wounds or serious burns.
Frequently asked questions for BETAKIND
Q.Is povidone iodine the same as betadine?
Yes. Betadine is the brand (proprietary) name of povidone iodine
Q.Is povidone iodine the same as iodine or iodine tincture?
No. Povidone iodine is the stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine. Iodine tincture has iodine and potassium iodide dissolved in ethanol and water. Both the formulations show antiseptic action
Q.Does povidone iodine kill yeast, bacteria or fungus?
Yes. Povidone iodine being disinfectant and antiseptic inhibits the growth and development of microorganisms
Q.Does povidone iodine burn, stain, sting or hurt?
Topical application of povidone iodine may cause slight irritation. Temporary staining of affected area is also possible. However, it is not a matter of concern and gets resolved quickly
Q.Is povidone iodine safe?
Povidone iodine is safe when used at prescribed dose and duration as directed by doctor
Q.Does povidone iodine contain alcohol?
No. Povidone iodine is stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine
Q.Does povidone iodine stain teeth?
Povidone iodine should be used externally. It should not be used on teeth.