food interaction for BESTOMYCIN
alcohol interaction for BESTOMYCIN
pregnancy interaction for BESTOMYCIN
lactation interaction for BESTOMYCIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BESTOMYCIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BESTOMYCIN
- GD SAFE 12.5 MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 1.40/ML of syrupRs. 41.95pay 17% more per ML of syrup
- WALAGYL 12.5MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.01/ML of syrupRs. 30.35save 16% more per ML of syrup
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for BESTOMYCIN
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for BESTOMYCIN
Q.Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q.Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q.Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.