food interaction for BESIVANCE
alcohol interaction for BESIVANCE
pregnancy interaction for BESIVANCE
lactation interaction for BESIVANCE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BESIVANCE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BESIVANCE
- BESIX 0.6% W/V EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 30.60/ML of eye dropRs. 153save 58% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
Expert advice for BESIVANCE
- Avoid touching the dropper tip against your eye or anything else to prevent contamination.
- Wash your hands often especially after touching the eye as bacterial conjunctivitis spreads easily to others.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as besifloxacin may cause blurred vision.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you have symptoms of infection or while you are using besifloxacin.
- Do not stop using besifloxacin until you complete the prescription period, even if you feel better, as the infection may not be completely treated and the bacteria may develop resistance to the drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, become pregnant or are breast feeding before/during your treatment with Besifloxacin.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop hives, swelling of face, difficulty in breathing/swallowing, worsening of current symptoms or development of new symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for BESIVANCE
Q.What is Besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension 0.6 and what is it used for?
Besifloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic and used for treating irritation and redness in the membrane covering the eye (conjunctivitis or pink eye) caused by bacterial infections and also in prevention of infection in patients undergoing laser therapy for cataracts.